42 | two favorite girls

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER FORTY TWO :
TWO FAVORITE GIRLS

╚──────────────────────╝

CARLOTTA

NEXT DAY

Carlotta ignored Cookie's call for the hundredth time. She kept leaving her voicemails begging her to come back to Empire, but she wasn't doing that. She was not about to work with someone who wasn't tryna get justice for her sister.

Cookie didn't like her silent treatment though. It was getting to the point where she was involving Becky now. She had Becky playing peacemaker and it was making Carlotta even more angry. No means no!

She wasn't worried about Cookie right now though. Officer Bassett just called and said she was coming over because they needed to talk. That made Carlotta think it had something to do with Cassie.

She hoped she arrested that devil.

She heard knocking on the door and she quickly opened it. "Officer Bassett!"

"Hello Ms. Brown. May I come in?"

"Of course!" Then Carlotta let her in and they faced each other. "So you said we need to talk?"

"Yes. It's about your sister's case." Officer Bassett frowned now and Carlotta was getting worried. "I'll be honest with you, this is going to be hard to solve."

"How? I already told you who did it!"

"He has an alibi, Ms. Brown."

"What alibi?!"

"His son Kingsley."

"You ever stop to think he's lying for his father?!" Carlotta argued.

"Maybe, but we can't prove that. So we're trying to find other suspects now, but nothing is coming up. Cassie had no enemies as far as we know."

"So what are you saying?"

She let her down as gently as possible. "I'm just letting you know in advance this might be a cold case. And I know that sucks to hear, but-"

Carlotta lost her cool after that. "IT DOESN'T NEED TO BE A COLD CASE! Lucious killed her! He confessed to me!"

"Do you have proof?"

"No because I didn't record him."

"Well I can't go off hearsay, Ms. Brown. I need audio."

"Well I don't have any, so I guess that devil is just gonna get away with this like he always does," Carlotta grumbled.