08 | believe that

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER EIGHT :
BELIEVE THAT

╚──────────────────────╝

Noah couldn't deny that he was becoming increasingly agitated by the day

Noah couldn't deny that he was becoming increasingly agitated by the day. Things between him and Tiana haven't been the same since Hakeem was shot. They were growing apart, and he couldn't take it anymore.

They haven't spoken in six days. Six! It's all because of Tiana. She never responds to him and never returns his calls. He couldn't even find her at Empire, and he was becoming concerned since he knew this shit would happen. He knew Tiana would forget she loved him. Maybe she never did. Who knows?

He sat down in the conference room and huffed out his displeasure. He buried his face in his hands, Tiana occupying his thoughts. He was considering ending their relationship for good this time because he was sick of feeling hurt and confused. He never experienced this with Star because no other guys were in the way. There definitely weren't any other exes. He was everything to Star, and she was everything to him. Then they put their hands on each other, and he regretted it daily.

He groaned, wishing he hadn't fought Star so he wouldn't have to deal with Tiana's nonsense. Speaking of Tiana, he heard someone say, "Hey, baby," which sounded exactly like her. He slowly uncovered his face, and Tiana was revealed, but he didn't show any excitement. He was too mad. "You talking to me?"

"You're my man, so yeah." She didn't appreciate him asking stupid questions, but it wasn't stupid. He had every right to question her loyalty since she hadn't spoken to him.

"That's funny because you've been ghosting me."

"I wasn't ghosting you on purpose. There's been a lot going on."

He slammed his hands down on the table and jumped to his feet, shouting, "I don't want to hear that shit, Tiana! Hakeem got shot a week ago, and he recovered, so what's the problem?!"

He froze in shock as she shouted, "Bella is the problem!" Huh? What happened to baby Bella? When Tiana noticed how perplexed he was, she continued by informing him that she had to send Bella away to receive help because she was turning wicked, and firing guns and shit. Apparently, Lucious was responsible. He corrupted her, and Tiana was sad because she had no idea when she would see Bella again.

"You'll see her soon," he promised. "Bella is five years old. How evil can she be?" Bella couldn't possibly be that horrible, Noah thought as he forced a laugh. Tiana made sure he knew her behavior was worse than he could ever imagine by gazing at him with a straight face.

"Very evil." She warned him in a solemn tone. It made him swallow hard. Maybe he should take this seriously. "I'd explain, but it would be best if I didn't. So yeah. That's what I've been dealing with."