18 | no secrets

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN :
NO SECRETS

╚──────────────────────╝

ANGELO

NEXT DAY

"So you're telling me your so called girlfriend is claiming you as a business partner only?" Diana asked Angelo as she sat on his couch as usual.

"Yes she is."

"And you're still with her why?"

Angelo let out a huff. "How many times do I have to tell you I'm not leaving Cookie, mother?"

"Well you need to because she doesn't love you if she's telling everyone you're nothing but her business partner, Angelo!"

"That's where you're wrong. Cookie isn't telling everyone. Only Lucious," Angelo said. "She doesn't want him knowing about us."

"Which also proves she doesn't love you if she's putting your life in danger like this! She's being selfish!" Diana argued.

"She's trying to protect me from Lucious! That proves she loves me right there, mother!" Angelo argued back.

"Well if you ask me, you need to protect yourself from her too because she's probably just like that man!" Diana dissed. "And they had the audacity to have some offspring on top of that! They probably all have the murder gene in them!"

Angelo rolled his eyes and grabbed his coat. "Where are you going, Angelo?!"

"To see Cookie. We haven't talked since Lucious caught her here."

"Which also proves that your life is in danger! The man knows where you live now!" Diana warned.

"That's fine. Let him show up here unexpectedly. It's not gonna end well."

For him.

-

Angelo knocked on Cookie's door and hopefully she answered. They haven't talked since the Lucious showing up at his house fiasco and he wasn't okay with that. Angelo even texted Cookie and she ignored his messages. And if she's ignoring his messages, you know she's ignoring his calls too.

Angelo knew Cookie ignoring him had something to do with Lucious, so he needed answers. Did he threaten her?

Cookie finally opened the door and she was not happy to see him. "Angelo? What are you doing here?"

"Well hello to you too. You won't answer your phone so I have to talk to you in person."

Cookie quickly pushed him in. "You can't be here! Are you crazy?! Lucious keeps tabs on me!"