09 | major mess up

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER NINE :
MAJOR MESS UP

╚──────────────────────╝

JAMAL

NEXT DAY

Jamal was pacing around at Empire because he didn't know what to do right now. You see, he had a song that was supposed to be released in a couple of days, but he was gonna have to push it back because he didn't wanna release that song anymore.

He had a new song he wanted to release and he tried to talk to Cookie about it but she was too busy to hear him out. She told him to talk to Becky instead and that's where the problem starts because Becky and Jamal weren't on good terms. They haven't been in a year.

You see, Becky was also Jamal's ex. They dated last year and Jamal honestly didn't know why because they were best friends at first and you should never date your best friend.

That's why Jamal did some thinking and told Becky they were better off calling off their relationship and going back to being friends. Becky agreed so it was a mutual break up, but they did not go back to being friends. It was actually really awkward between them now and Jamal didn't understand why because Becky had a new man. She was happy with him too.

But Becky and Jamal haven't talked in a long time so maybe things won't go as badly as he thought they would? It's not like he was trying to have a conversation with her. He just wanted to talk about work. She'll understand that.

So he found her. "Becky!"

Becky spoke dryly. "Hello Jamal."

"I need a favor from you."

Becky had an attitude. "I don't think you get to ask me for favors anymore."

"Why not?"

"You're seriously asking me that question?"

"Don't tell me it's because we broke up," Jamal said with a huff.

"Bingo."

"Becky, it's not like I cheated on you!" Like he did to Cotton. "We both agreed it was best to end our relationship, so why are you mad?!"

"I'm mad because what the hell is the point of making things official if you knew you weren't gonna stay committed, Jamal?!" Becky argued.

"Because the truth is, YOU'RE the one who said you believed we were better off as friends! I just agreed with you because I didn't feel like begging you to stay!" Becky finished.

That was news to him. He didn't know she wanted to keep their relationship going. She was actually so quick to agree, Jamal thought she didn't even really like him.