44 | double agent

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER FORTY FOUR :
DOUBLE AGENT

╚──────────────────────╝

COTTON

NEXT DAY

Carlotta texted Cotton and Tiana, telling them she was gonna be gone for a while because she hated everyone in that city right now. Especially Lucious. Cotton couldn't even blame her for wanting to get away from there. She just wished her mother would've taken them with her.

Tiana wanted to know where her aunt ran off to. "So where did auntie go exactly?"

Cotton shrugged. "She won't disclose that information. She probably thinks we're gonna try to bring her home."

"No, it's a good thing she's gone. I don't want her getting targeted next," Tiana said, still not over Cassie's death. "So I guess you have this whole place to yourself, huh?"

"Not quite. Ma said she told someone to come over."

"Who?"

That's when they heard two men laughing downstairs which alarmed them. Tiana had a scared look on her face. "Why do I hear men laughing downstairs?"

Cotton didn't know, but the more she listened, the more familiar their laughter sounded. Now she knew exactly who they were and she was annoyed.

She rushed downstairs and Tiana followed her. Cotton's assumption was right. It was her uncle Ray J and her father Jahil.

They focused on Cotton. "Oh Cotton! Tiana! Wassup!"

Tiana greeted them kindly. "Hey uncle Ray and uncle J."

"More like Uncle Rat according to Cassie," Jahil joked.

Ray J wanted to laugh, but he couldn't. Instead he grew sad. "Yeah I remember that. Cassie called me that the same day she died." He let out a deep sigh as everyone frowned. "Man, she was a pain in the ass but I miss her."

Cotton nodded sadly. "Yeah we all do. But what are y'all doing here?"

Ray J answered her. "Carlotta wants me to watch over this family while she's gone."

"And she told you to bring Jahil?"

"No, but he wanted to see y'all."

Cotton didn't feel the same. She didn't wanna be near her father. "Well sorry Jahil, there's nothing to see. We don't have drugs here."

Jahil sucked his teeth at her. "Don't be like that, Cotton. You know I'm not here for drugs. I'm here for my daughter and niece."

Tiana continued to be nice to him. "Well it's good to see you again. I wish Bella was here, but she's with Hakeem."