57 | tantrum

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER FIFTY SEVEN :
TANTRUM

╚──────────────────────╝

COTTON

Cotton walked into the funeral home with Maurice by her side. She looked around and saw that all of the Lyons were there and her family was there too. Maurice commented on it. "Everyone showed up, huh?"

"Yeah, everyone loved Cassie."

"Yeah, including him," Maurice said. Cotton followed his gaze and saw Jamal talking to Simone. "Is there a reason why the baby lion is here?"

Cotton just said, "Our families are close. It's not that deep. Hey Jamal!" Jamal looked at her and smiled as Cotton waved him over. He walked over to them.

"Hey Cotton."

"Hey! Thanks for coming!"

"No problem." They hugged and Maurice watched them suspiciously. They were cool now?

"Oh, y'all hugging now?"

Cotton stopped hugging Jamal and caught an attitude with her man. "Maurice, chill."

"Yeah please do because I'd hate for this to be a joint funeral," Jamal threatened.

"Jamal stop," Cotton said seriously.

Maurice shook his head and threatened him back. "No keep going because I promise you, I'm not gonna be the one in a casket!"

Cotton yelled at the both of them now. "Okay stop! Can y'all be civil?! It's my aunt's funeral!"

Maurice nodded while glaring at Jamal. "Yeah I'll be civil, but I don't know about him and his daddy."

"His daddy?" Cotton repeated in confusion. Surely he couldn't be talking about Lucious.

"Yeah, he's right over there." Maurice pointed at Lucious and Cotton was so fucking pissed! He had the nerve to show up to his own victim's funeral?! Was he trying to mock them?!

She looked over at Jamal and he looked angry too. "Did you know he was coming?!"

"No." Jamal was being truthful.

"Well that's fine because he's not staying here!" Then Cotton stormed up to the man she hated the most in the world. "Are you out of your damn mind showing up here when you killed Cassie?!"

Lucious looked around awkwardly and then at her. "Um. You're Cotton, right?"

Why was he playing dumb? "You know who I am! You know who my entire family is because you're trying to terrorize us!"