72 | psycho killer

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER SEVENTY TWO :
PSYCHO KILLER

╚──────────────────────╝

COOKIE

"You need to stop being so damn petty, Diana!" Cookie shouted through the phone. Diana was being a pain in the ass and not allowing any Lyons to attend Angelo's funeral!

"I said what I said, Cookie! No Lyons are allowed at Angelo's funeral!"

Cookie wasn't accepting that. "He was my fiancé, Diana!"

"He shouldn't have been! He would still be alive right now if he wasn't with you!"

The guilt came rushing back again. Cookie hated it when she spat those harsh words at her because she couldn't even argue back. Diana's telling the truth. "Listen Diana, you're right. I was being selfish and I'm sorry for that."

"I don't want your sorry! It's not going to bring my son back!"

"I know it's not, but I'm still sorry. And I don't want to keep beefing with you, Diana. Angelo didn't want that."

"Don't mention his name again!" Diana yelled. "You Lyons need to leave us Dubois alone! You've done enough damage! You and that devil! So you're forbidden from coming to the funeral and that's final!"

"Diana-"

But she hung up in Cookie's face and Cookie huffed. Just then, Jamal and Hakeem came downstairs. "Hey Ma. I heard yelling."

"That was just me arguing with Diana on the phone."

"That bitch is still accusing you?" Hakeem asked angrily. He couldn't stand that old woman. He was always going to have his mother's back, so he dared Diana to mess with her again. It won't be pretty.

"Yup. And not only that, she's forbidding all Lyons from attending Angelo's funeral."

Jamal wasn't happy. "Hold on, she's not letting you say bye to your own fiancé?"

"Nope. That woman is furious with me." Cookie shook her head. "Lucious is the cause of this! I can't wait until the cops arrest his ass!"

"What's taking them so long?!" Jamal said.

Cookie didn't know what was taking so long, but they're gonna get his ass. Then there was knocking on the door. She opened it and saw cops on the other side, including that Bassett woman. "Uh, what's going on?"

"May we come in, Ms. Lyon?"

Cookie let them in. Officer Bassett said, "We just came from talking to Diana Dubois, so you're the next person we need to talk to."