75 | tragic family day

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER SEVENTY FIVE :
TRAGIC FAMILY DAY

╚──────────────────────╝

TRACY

NEXT DAY

Tracy was about to make some lunch when she heard calm knocking on the door. She opened it and saw an officer staring at her sadly. "Um, hello officer. How may I help you?"

"Sorry, but I'm here with bad news. It's about your son."

"Kingsley? Is everything okay?"

"He's...dead."

Tracy didn't immediately get sad. She instantly shut that statement down. "No he isn't. I just talked to him yesterday."

"You did?"

"Yes because I wanted to know where he was hiding, but he didn't budge."

"And what time was this?" the cop inquired.

Tracy told him and the cop frowned all over again. "I'm sorry, but he died shortly afterwards. Gunshot wound to the head," he informed her.

Tracy's eyes were wide open now. Her baby boy was dead?! "Who killed him?!"

"It was suicide."

Suicide? That's odd. Kingsley didn't sound like he was contemplating suicide. And if he was thinking about killing himself, he would've let her know! He would've said goodbye to her! "My son had no reason to kill himself."

The cop disagreed. "He did, ma'am."

"Oh yeah? With what gun?! He didn't own any guns!"

"Yes, that's the odd part. We couldn't find the gun."

That's even more odd. If he killed himself, the gun should be right next to his body! "Then how are you sure it was suicide?!"

"Because he was hiding from us. He knew he was going to jail, so he took the easy way out."

"I still don't understand why you guys were hunting him down! What did he do?!" Tracy demanded to know.

The cop filled her in. "He tried to murder Cookie Lyon."

Tracy gave him a doubtful look. "What? That's insane! He loved Cookie!"

"He choked her in her sleep, Ms. Kingsley. She would be dead if her daughter didn't come home."

Tracy kept vouching for her only son. "But he had no reason to do that!"

"Clearly he did, but I guess we'll never know what his motive was."