32 | flip the script

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO :
FLIP THE SCRIPT

╚──────────────────────╝

TREASURE

NEXT DAY

Raven and Treasure strolled through Empire and Raven's been skipping around excitedly all day which meant something happened. It probably had to do with Jamal because Treasure saw him leaving their house yesterday and she...heard some things. Things she never wanted to hear again.

Now Raven's humming happily and it was irking Treasure. "Alright, are you gonna tell me what has you so happy?"

"Jamal does! He and I date again!"

"That's a damn lie."

"It's not. We ran into each other at the club and I brought him home and we had sex," Raven bragged.

"Yeah I know. I heard. Now I'm traumatized."

Raven kept bragging. "Anddd, Jamal said he missed what we had so we're together! Which is good for you because now you don't have to worry about getting fired!"

"Well I'm happy for you. But you're gonna have to tone yourself down if you don't want him to leave you again," Treasure warned. "Don't stalk him again."

"Oh there's no need, cousin. I know Jamal wants me and only me."

Yeah Treasure guessed he did since they were dating, but he was just crying over Cotton so this was suspicious. She hoped Raven wasn't a rebound.

"And since I'm happily taken, you need to find yourself a man! You've been single for too long!" Raven insisted.

"I'll pass. I have other things to worry about." Like Tiana because she was running up to them right now.

"Hello Tiana," Treasure said dryly.

"Hey! You've been ghosting me!"

"Yeah I have," Treasure said harshly.

Raven looked between them awkwardly. "Oof. Well that's my cue to leave. I gotta see my man!"

Raven ran off and Tiana's puzzled. "Her man?"

"She dates Jamal, but that's not important."

"You're right. Our friendship is. So why are you ghosting me? Did I do something wrong?"

Yes she did. "I can think of one thing you did wrong. Claim my song as your own."

Tiana sighed. "I thought we got over that, Treasure."