78 | el diablo is to thank

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER SEVENTY EIGHT :
EL DIABLO IS TO THANK

╚──────────────────────╝

NOAH

NEXT DAY

"I'm so glad you're okay!" Noah exclaimed as he hugged Tiana tight. He knew all about that stupid ass man trying to shoot her and he was pissed and confused at the same damn time. Why did he want her dead?! Noah also knew Hakeem took the bullet for Tiana and he wasn't too happy about that either...

Tiana still couldn't believe she almost died. "It was so scary, Noah! When he was pointing the gun at me, my life flashed before my eyes! All I could think about were all of my regrets and all of the people I wanted to speak to one last time!"

"I hope I was one of those people."

"You were the second person," Tiana said.

"Second?" That wasn't sitting right with Noah. "Who was the first?"

"I'd rather not answer that, Noah."

"Who was the first, Tiana?!"

"Hakeem!"

Yeah, Noah knew that was the answer. It always is. Everything is always about Hakeem when it comes to Tiana.

Tiana knew he was jealous. "You can take that sour look off your face. It's not what you think. He was the first person I thought about because he was bleeding out right in front of me! I thought Bella was going to lose her father!"

"Well that guy clearly loves you if he was about to die for you," Noah said bitterly.

"I promise it has nothing to do with love. He just wanted to protect his family. Can you be mad at him for that?"

Noah shook his head. "No I can't be. I'm thankful for what he did, but at the same time, it's not his job to protect you anymore. It's mine."

"Well you weren't there Noah, so what was he supposed to do? Let me get shot?"

Noah sighed. "Look, I'm just feeling concerned again, that's all. I don't wanna lose you to him."

Tiana was getting annoyed with his insecurities. "How many times do I have to tell you that I don't love Hakeem?! But I do care about him and he cares about me too. That's never going to change. And I guess I should also tell you that he and I won't be beefing anymore. Life is too short."

"Oh wow. This situation brought y'all closer, huh?"

Tiana nodded. "It made us wiser for sure. Bella doesn't need her parents hating each other anyway, just like Davis."