35 | casualty

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE :
CASUALTY

╚──────────────────────╝

CASSIE

Cassie was heading down the stairs. "Hey Lottie, I'm heading over to Ray J's place."

Carlotta was trying on a wig. "What he got going on over there?"

"I don't even know, but he wants me there."

"Well have fun."

"Oh you're coming with me."

She shook her head. "Na. I don't got time for Ray J's shenanigans today."

"Well you don't have a choice. He said he wants you there specifically."

She wasn't even surprised. "Yeah I bet he does because it's a set up."

"What do you mean?"

Carlotta focused on her. "What did Ray J say when he called you the other day?"

"He mentioned Jahil," Cassie recalled.

"Right. And now he wants me to go to his house? It's so obvious he's tryna get Jahil and I in the same room. And that ain't happening."

That made Cassie shake her head. Ray J needed to stop this matchmaker shit because Carlotta was done with Jahil. She was gonna tell their asses that too.

Cassie grabbed her purse. "Don't worry sis. I'mma set them straight because they're doing too much."

"Appreciate that, Cas."

She nodded and headed to Ray J's house.

-

"Ray J, what you got me over here for?!" Cassie demanded to know.

He looked out of the door. "Uhhh, I don't see Carlotta behind you."

"She ain't coming because you ain't slick!"

"I ain't tryna be slick!"

"Mhm." Then Cassie yelled, "Come out, Jahil! Carlotta's here!"

That man came running. Then he looked around confused. "Where is she?!"