20 | the end of starkeem

╔──────────────────────╗

CHAPTER TWENTY :
THE END OF STARKEEM

╚──────────────────────╝

Hakeem had contacted Tiana and mentioned that he needed her help with something

Hakeem had contacted Tiana and mentioned that he needed her help with something. He didn't say much; he asked her to meet him at the studio. Thankfully, she and Noah don't speak, or he'd be tripping again. Star as well.

Hakeem was right. Star and Noah wanted her and Hakeem to hate one another, but that would never happen, so they needed to accept their friendship. And that's all it is: a friendship. So, why are they tripping so much? It's getting old, to be honest.

Tiana will admit that her talk with Hakeem the day before made her emotional. She became tearful whenever she thought about his betrayal because it still hurt. She gave Hakeem her all for no reason, and it sucks. Tiana hated wasting time, but she knew Hakeem wanted to make peace with her, but he couldn't. Not unless they got back together, which is unlikely.

So she concluded that her pain would never go away.

Tiana arrived at the studio. She stepped in and saw Hakeem sitting with his phone in his face, and his feet kicked up. He became aware of her presence and hurriedly lowered his feet while putting his phone away. Tiana approached him, demanding to know what was so important. "Hakeem, what's going on?"

"I need to vent, Tiana."

"Again?"

"Na, like in a song. I need to express my feelings."

"Is this about Bella again?" Tiana questioned since his need to express himself implied he was having problems again. She knew he'd been struggling to accept Bella's absence, which is why she asked.

He shook his head. "This is beyond Bella. This is about the entire shooting because the second Edward shot me was when our lives turned upside down."

"That's unarguable," Tiana said, motioning towards the booth that was calling his name. Now that she thought about it, Hakeem's most recent song was the one he, Tiana, and Star performed together. All nite. She and Hakeem performed well, as they always do, but Star was a different story. "Well, get into the booth."

Hakeem slowly rose to his feet, explaining why he needed her there. "I want you on the song with me, T."

"Oh." That was all she could muster. Tiana wasn't going to say no because she enjoyed singing and earning money, but she didn't have any lyrics ready. He'd have to give her at least a day. "I don't mind, but I haven't written anything."

Hakeem was in the same situation. "Neither have I. I'm speaking from the heart, and I want you to do the same."

Tiana twisted her mouth to the side, still doubtful, leading him to close the distance between them to the point where their bodies almost touched. He was so near that she breathed the rich scent of his cologne. Hakeem always smelt great and looked great as well. "You're not going to have a long verse. Leave that to me. All I need is for you to sing the chorus, okay?" he said.