Chapter Two

Sam had been absent at times, trying to pursue Emily Young. Asena had never really met Emily, nor did she know exactly what Sam was doing. When Sam was away, he'd allow Asena to have a friend over, but once he got home, the friend had to leave. He couldn't chance Asena or anyone else finding out his secret. If Asena found out, it'd be alright, though he didn't want her to know and be scared of him, but if anyone else found out, he'd possibly be in deep trouble.

Asena's friend, Taylor, wasn't very fond of Asena's adoptive father. Taylor believed Sam was an asshole, and she thought that Sam was rude to her and Asena. Truth be told, Sam could tell Taylor didn't like him, so he didn't care how he acted around her. He wasn't going to make the teenager like him, when in reality, Sam knew she and Asena wouldn't be friends after high school because Asena would see all the drama Taylor always seemed to cause at school.

Asena had a hard time making friends ever since her birthparents had passed. When they had first died, she had begged Sam to not make her go back to school. So, Sam allowed her to be homeschooled from eleven to thirteen years old. As soon as she hit thirteen, Sam sent her back to school because he wanted her to make friends and not become a hermit. Many of her friends from before stopped talking to her and avoided her at all cost. They knew she had changed, and they didn't like it.

Asena was practically a new girl when she went back to school. She wasn't Asena Lily Robins anymore; she was now Asena Lily Uley. Everyone who knew or knew of Sam Uley, believed that she was going to be just like him. The feeling escalated when Sam had shifted and didn't visit Asena often. Everyone in school believed she was going to be as closed off and distant as Sam, so nobody wanted to be around her. The only real reason Taylor wanted to be around her was to get dirt on him and Leah, as well as get closer to Seth Clearwater. Though they were older than Seth, Taylor still had a thing for him, which Asena found rather disgusting.

Asena had been friends with Jacob Black before her parents had died, but he was scared to be friends with her after she had accidentally snapped at him when he came to visit her a couple weeks after her parents died. She hadn't meant to snap at him, but everyone had been asking her how she was doing, telling her everything would be alright, or bringing her food and offering condolences for people they barely knew. The only person who made everything better was Sam, and she was entirely grateful for him.

Days before her birthday, Sam had sent Taylor home after he had heard the girl call Asena a "push over" all because she wouldn't constantly bother Sam until he gave them money for pizza. Asena loved pizza, but she was respectful, and if Sam denied her money one time she wouldn't ask again. Taylor wasn't respectful though, and after the day he had with Emily, he couldn't deal with the bitchy girl hanging out with his daughter.

"Your birthday is in a week, how do you feel about having pizza and a movie night for your birthday?" Sam asked, and Asena smiled.

"Just you and me?" She wondered, causing him to sigh.

"Unless you want to invite someone." He murmured, though he hoped she didn't want to invite Taylor, he despised that girl with a passion.

Instead of answering, the girl simply shook her head and began to eat her dinner. Asena loved cooking, so normally she would make dinner for herself and Sam. Since it was summertime, she would also often make lunch and breakfast as well. She made treats often, which Sam seemed to love, since she watched him practically devour them all as soon as she pulled them out of the oven. As Sam finished his second plate of dinner, he heard a howl outside. Biting his lip, he turned towards Asena with hesitant eyes.

"Asena, I have to go check something out. Are you alright, or would you like me to stay here for a while?" He asked, though he knew he'd have to check out the noise very soon.

"Go ahead, I have dishes and laundry to do anyway. Do you need anything washed when I wash my clothes?" She asked, and he nodded.

"Yeah, I have a few things in my hamper if you don't mind." He replied, causing her to smile lightly.

Standing up, Asena planted a kiss on her adoptive father's--whom she normally just refers to as her father now--cheek, before she grabbed their dishes and set them on the counter. Sam quickly left the house, as Asena began to clean up the dishes. She also started on a batch of cupcakes. She knew Sam would appreciate the cupcakes, since she hadn't made any treats in a couple of days. As they were baking, she started laundry and cleaned the kitchen practically spotless.

Sam ended up finding nineteen year old, Jared Cameron, in the woods as a wolf. He had to get Jared to phase back, which was somewhat hard since it was the first time he ever had to help someone else learn to phase back into their human form. Once Jared was back in human form, Sam snuck around to his truck and grabbed two pairs of shorts. He and Jared slipped on the shorts, before he lead the boy towards the pack house.

"I will explain more to you soon, but my daughter doesn't know anything about this. Don't talk about any of this in front of her, until she finally knows the truth. She's baking right now, so be ready to meet her." Sam stated, before he opened the front door.

Asena turned towards the door and smiled at Sam, but her eyebrows furrowed when she seen another guy with him.

"Asena, this is Jared Cameron. He's a bit older than you, but you might remember him." Sam said, and Asena studied the boy for a moment.

"Oh, yeah. He was a senior last year. Nice to see you, Jared. Cupcakes will be ready in about ten minutes." Asena commented, causing Jared to smile.

"Jared will be staying with us for a while. He's going through some things right now, so he needs a place to stay." Sam stated, and Asena nodded slightly.

Asena was a little disappointed, knowing her birthday would include Jared as well, but she wasn't going to be rude. She wanted to be welcoming, even if she wasn't too happy about it...

××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. There'll be more development in the story soon.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx