Chapter Sixty Seven

Emily couldn't hold the secret very long, not when she was so excited

       Emily couldn't hold the secret very long, not when she was so excited. After only one week, Emily was practically bouncing with excitement holding the secret for so long--at least, it was long to her. When the boys had come in for lunch, Emily placed a set of cupcakes in the middle of the table. In the middle of the cupcakes, was a singular cupcake that read "Baby Lahote Coming Soon."

       Asena and Paul had been upstairs with the twins when the boys had come in for lunch, so they didn't know about the cupcake. They had been startled when they heard cheering coming from downstairs.

"What the hell is going on down there?" Paul asked, as Asena shrugged.

         Picking up the twins, Asena and Paul descended down the stairs for lunch. Asena was caught off guard when Jared went and wrapped her in a hug. The other boys came over to hug the girl, before the three of them wrapped Paul in a ground hug.

"I don't understand what's going on." Asena commented, as she walked forward and set Kai in his high chair.

"You're having a baby!" Jared exclaimed, causing Asena to look at the boys with wide eyes.

"Do you have a baby belly yet?" Embry asked, and the girl laughed.

"It's called a baby bump, and a bit, yes." She replied, before she pulled up her shirt to reveal her growing belly.

       Jared, Embry, and Quil took turns touching her belly. They wondered if Jacob's pack knew about the baby, or if Kim and Carolyn knew. Jared and Embry figured if their imprints had known, they would've been told way earlier, instead of having to be told by Emily with a cupcake.

         Asena sat down with Paul and they began to feed the twins lunch. Jared had walked off for a moment, but when he came back, he had a rather large smile on his face.

"Kim is on her way, and I have a feeling she's bringing Carolyn with her." Jared announced, as he sat down at the table with the rest of the pack.

        By the time they had finished eating lunch, Kim and Carolyn had arrived. The two girls ran inside and practically tackled Asena to the floor. Paul was standing behind her, so he had to stick his arms out to stable the three girls before they could fall and potentially hurt Asena or the baby.

"You're having a baby!" Carolyn exclaimed, hugging Asena tightly.

"Why didn't you tell us?!" Kim asked, her voice full of excitement.

"I wanted to let you guys figure it out on your own, but Emily couldn't wait to tell someone. It's fine though, I'm happy that you guys know now." Asena replied, as the girls squealed again with excitement.

        Paul was surprised when they girls tackled him in a hug, congratulating him on knocking up their best friend. He couldn't help but smirk at them, but he was happy nonetheless. He was excited to be having a baby with Asena, even if they had twins that weren't too old just yet.

"Have you talked to Amanda since you brought her to Billy's?" Kim asked, as she and Carolyn sat at the kitchen table with Asena.

       Emily was walking around the kitchen cleaning up, but she was still a part of the girls' conversation.

"No, I told Jacob to have her call me, but I guess the two are too wrapped up in each other to call me." Asena replied, causing the girls to giggle.

"I believe he's finally over Bella, or at least, he seems to be over Bella. I haven't heard the girl's name since he came home." Carolyn commented, and Asena smiled.

"That's good, especially for him and Amanda. If he wants their relationship to work, he's going to have to give up all of his feelings for Bella." Asena said, causing the girls to agree with him.

"Do you know if he's told Amanda about the legends yet or anything about the wolves?" Emily asked, but Carolyn shrugged.

"I don't know, but I believe if he did, Amanda would try to talk to one of us to try and get her head straight. I know that's what I did when Embry told me everything." Carolyn answered, and Kim nodded.

"I talked to Asena and Emily when Jared told me the truth, but they were about as confused as me at the time. Luckily, we'd be able to help Amanda, now that we understand so much about the pack." Kim replied, as they thought about how Amanda may react to the truth.

"Off the topic of Jacob and Amanda, since we'll know how that goes soon enough," Carolyn began, as she turned to Asena,"How are you feeling about having a baby?" She asked, causing Asena to look over at her.

"I'm excited, I mean, I know Paul and I already have twins, but having another baby just adds to the love we can give to our children. Besides, we were going to have more babies eventually, I just didn't expect it so soon." Asena replied, smiling to herself.

"Do you want the baby to be a boy or a girl?" Kim asked, and Asena shrugged.

"I'm happy with either. We already have one of both, so I know we'll be happy with either one." Asena answered, causing Kim to smile as well.

"Are you two planning on staying here, or are you going to find a place for more room for everyone?" Emily asked, making Asena sigh.

"I don't know, but we'll have to figure it out before the baby is born. Paul and I have to talk about it before I can give any definite answers." Asena said, as Emily bit her lip.

"Well, I don't want you guys to leave. I'd like if you stayed, but you don't have to stay just because we want you to stay." Emily commented, and Asena smiled.

"I know, and we'd stay forever if we had the chance, I can be sure of that." Asena replied, causing Emily to smile as well.

        If only they had known that Paul had been listening the entire time...

×××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I know this one seems like a bit of a filler, but I also know it's a bit important for the pack to know about the baby.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx