Chapter Seventy Four

The big day had arrived and Asena was a nervous wreck

     The big day had arrived and Asena was a nervous wreck. She was worried that everything wouldn't be ready, or something would mess up, but luckily Emily was there to try and calm the girl down. After spending almost two hours on Asena's hair and makeup, the girls helped her into her dress and shoes. Once the girls had helped her get ready, they went downstairs to get into their places for the wedding. Asena and Paul had decided to have their wedding near a beautiful tree near their house, which Sam and Paul worked on for countless hours to make sure everything was perfect.

"Are you ready for me to get Sam?" Emily asked, and Asena nodded.

"Yes, I'm ready," Asena answered, causing Emily to turn away,"Wait! Don't forget to start the videocall as soon as you get settled into your spot." Asena said, causing Emily to smile.

"I promise I will start it as soon as I'm situated." Emily replied, and Asena smiled a bit.

         Emily went downstairs and found Sam holding Prairie. She smiled up at her fiance, before taking the baby from his hands.

"Your daughter is ready for you." Emily said, and Sam nodded.

      Emily carried Prairie outside, before handing her to Sue so she could set up the videocall. As Emily was heading outside, Sam was ascending the stairs to find his daughter.

"You look beautiful, Asena." Sam said, causing Asena to look up at him.

"I'm nervous." She murmured, making him chuckle.

"Are you getting cold feet? I can have you out of here in five minutes, just give me the word." He joked, causing the girl to roll her eyes playfully.

"Dad! I'm not leaving Paul. I love him." She retorted, and he sighed.

"I know, but you're my little girl. It makes me a bit sad to be handing you off to him today. It's like you'll be all grown up and you won't need me anymore." Sam said, causing Asena to frown.

"I'll always need you, Dad. You're one of the most important people in my life. You raised me and loved me for who I am, and I'll always love you. I'll always be your little girl, even when I'm old and grey." She replied, as she wrapped her arms around her father.

"Alright," He began, pulling away from Asena,"We need to get moving before Emily comes up here yelling at us." He commented, holding out his arm for Asena to take.

       Once Asena had his arm, he lead her down the stairs and out the door. The music began to play, as Sam slowly walked her down the isle. They had to make a couple CDs with wedding songs on them, but luckily that didn't take as long as finding a DJ would've took. Once Asena was standing in front of Paul, Sam stepped away and walked to his spot next to Emily.

       True to her word, Rosalie had gotten the wedding to project on their large tv in the living room, so she forced everyone in the house to sit and watch Asena and Paul get married. Nobody really complained, since the wolves had been kind enough to be witnesses during the Volturi incident, but Alice was a little disappointed that Asena hadn't asked her for help on the wedding. Obviously Asena didn't know her well, and Alice knew that, but she believed they could've bonded over wedding arrangements. Once the time had come to listen to Asena and Paul's vows to each other, Rosalie threatened to break off limbs if anyone talked.