Chapter Seventy

Two young boys had phased into their wolves because of all of the vampires that came into Forks. The boys names were Collin Littlesea and Brady Fuller. Seven other boys on the reservation had phased as well, but Asena had yet to learn their names. They had phased the day she had given birth to her daughter; Prairie Aspen Lahote. She had learned very little about the other seven boys, but she knew four of the boys joined Sam's pack, and three joined Jacob's. The amount of wolves was perfect for helping the Cullens with their Volturi problem.

       Four days after Asena had given birth to Prairie, the battle was said to begin. Asena had lost all of her baby weight and was finally in full health and back to exactly how she looked before, so Sam allowed her to be a part of the battle. Emily, Carolyn, Kim, and Amanda stayed in Asena's home to care for the children and worry about the packs.

"We'll go out when we sense the other leeches." Sam said, and the wolves nodded.

       Moments later the wolves howled to announce their presence, as they walked out of the woods and stood behind the vampires. Jacob walked over to Bella's side, though the rest of the wolves stayed back. It was safer for them to stay in the pack than disband amongst the crowd of vampires.

"Aro, let us discuss this like we use to; in a civilized manner." Carlisle said, as he took a step forward.

       Asena watched the old leeches as the sneered at the Cullens.

"No laws have been broken here." Asena heard, but she knew Aro wouldn't listen.

       Asena didn't know who Aro really was, but she figured he was one of the Volturi that the Cullens didn't seem to like very much.

"You see the child. Do not treat us as fools." Aro retorted, causing Asena to roll her eyes.

"She's not an immortal!" Carlisle exclaimed,"These witnesses can attest to that, or you can look for yourself; see the flush of human blood in her cheeks." He said, looking towards Aro.

     Asena listened to the words of the Volturi, and she felt herself hold in a growl as Aro stepped forward and spoke of Renesmee. Asena wasn't happy when she watched Edward walk towards the Volturi. Honestly, she thought of him as a fool, since she figured he knew better than to walk up to the people that could so easily kill him. Asena watched as Aro grasped Edward's hand for a moment, before he looked up at Edward.

"I'd like to meet her." Aro said, causing Asena to huff.

     Edward turned around and looked towards Bella, Renesmee, and Jacob, as Asena heard Jacob growl just a little. Bella and Renesmee stepped forward first, before Jacob followed them. Emmett left Rosalie's side, and caught up to Renesmee to give her more protection. Once they were close to the Volturi, Renesmee stepped forward and placed her hand on Aro's face like she had done to Asena and many others.

"Half mortal. Half immortal," Aro began, as he turned to his followers, and Asena frowned,"carried by this newborn while she was still human." Asena heard, as Aro looked back towards Renesmee.

"Impossible." Caius retorted, causing Aro to turn towards him.

"You think they fooled me, brother?" Aro asked, stepping towards Caius.

      Bella, Edward, Renesmee, and Emmett began to walk away, as Jacob stayed behind for a moment, growling at the Volturi assholes. When Jacob began to walk away, Caius called out for Irina to step forward.

"Is that the child you saw?" Caius asked, looking at Irina.

"I'm not sure." Irina answered, her voice wavering.

"Jane." Caius ordered, looking towards the blonde in a black cloak.

"She's changed. This child is bigger." Irina said, not looking away from the Cullen army.

"So your allegations are false." Caius voiced, looking back towards Irina.

"The Cullens are innocent. I take full responsibility for my mistake." Irina stated, staring at her sisters with sad eyes.

"Caius, no!" Edward exclaimed, as Asena watched Irina be killed in front of everyone.

"Irina!" Her sisters screamed, as they tried to run forward.

       The two sisters were grabbed quickly, as Bella picked up Renesmee and placed her on Jacob's back. Asena was watching the sisters, making sure they weren't trying to run anymore when she seen Edward fall to the ground in pain. She watched Bella scrunch her face, before Edward was slowly able to stand to his feet without pain. Jane moved her eyes to try and hurt other people, but Bella had casted her shield over everyone on their side. The wolves growled as the Volturi watched them from afar.

"There is no law broken here." Asena heard Carlisle say, as she glared towards the Volturi.

"Perhaps, but that does not mean there is no danger," Aro began, before he began to walk forward,"For the first time in our history, humans pose a threat to our kind," He said, as he turned to his people,"Their modern technology gave birth to weapons that could destroy us all." He added, causing Asena to frown.

        Asena felt herself growing more and more angry as Aro spoke. When she heard him announce a fight, she felt herself grow rigid. She didn't want to fight, but she would fight to protect herself and her pack. Her head quickly turned when she realized people were approaching, only to see Jasper and Alice coming through the trees. She would've smiled if the situation would've been different, but instead she stayed still with an angry look on her face. When Alice and Jasper stepped closer to the Volturi, they were stopped by three of the guards. Both people were held tightly and brought forward, though the two were held apart from each other. Asena growled slowly when she seen the Volturi guards holding Jasper as if he was a criminal.

"I have evidence this child will not be a danger to our kind," Alice announced,"Let me show you." She said, looking towards Aro.

       With Aro's permission, Alice shoved the guards hands off of her, before she walked towards Aro. When Jasper tried to get free, he was held tighter and kept from his mate...

××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. Obviously the next chapter will be part two of this chapter.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood  Xxx