Chapter Four

Asena refused to leave the car at first. She didn't want the first time she met Emily to be in a hospital. She was also still mad about Jared and Sam lying to her, so she didn't want to be around them. Honestly, Asena wished she was back home, so she could hide out in her room and hope for someone to finally tell her the truth. There were so many questions running through her head, but none of the story she was told was answering any of her questions. If anything, the story was raising more suspicions, and the lying wasn't helping.

"C'mon, Sam would want you to go inside and check on Emily." Jared said, causing the girl to scowl.

Asena opened the car door and stepped out, before she slammed the door and walked away. She quickly walked away from Jared, heading straight into the hospital without waiting for him. Looking around the waiting room, she didn't see Sam anywhere in sight, which had made her scoff slightly. If Sam wanted her there, than where was he? Walking up to the front desk, she stared at the dark haired woman at the front desk.

"May I help you?" The woman asked, a smile etched on her face.

"I'm looking for Emily Young." Asena said, and the woman nodded.

"Only family is allowed to visit her right now." The woman replied, a sympathetic look making it's way onto her face.

"She's my mom--well, adoptive mom actually." Asena lied, and the woman believed her.

"Alright, let me get the doctor so he can tell you what's going on before you go see her." The woman stated, before walking away.

Jared had stood back, not knowing how to handle the situation with Asena. He had never dealt with a teenager who was angry with their parent. Sure, he had been upset with his parents before, but this was different, she was a girl and she was Sam's daughter. Soon, a doctor with blonde hair and fair skin walked up to Asena. Jared could tell quickly that the doctor was a vampire, but he didn't want to cause a scene. He was ready to protect Asena at any cost though, even if that meant he would eventually have to cause a scene.

"I'm Doctor Cullen, your mother, Emily Young was attacked by a bear, correct?" He asked, causing the girl to sigh.

"I'm Asena Uley. I was told she was attacked. I don't know what happened." She replied, and he nodded.

When Doctor Cullen heard the name Uley, he knew exactly who she was supposed to be related to.

"My dad, Sam, he called and said she had been attacked by a bear. I was hoping to check on her." Asena said, and Doctor Cullen smiled.

Doctor Cullen didn't know that Sam had a daughter, but now that he knew, he had to make sure his coven knew, so they would be sure to avoid interaction with her like they did Sam and Jared. They wouldn't be mean to the teenager, but they wouldn't purposely interact with her either.

"She has quite a few stitches. The bear clawed her from her hairline to her chin on the right side of her face, as well as down her right arm all the way to her hand. The right side of her mouth is a bit distorted now, and the scarring will cause a little problem with the outer corner of her eyelid, but she'll pull through. Your mother is quite lucky, Ms. Uley. If the bear had caused anymore damage, she may have lost her eye or at least her sight." Doctor Cullen said, causing Asena and Jared to both frown.

"How long will she be stuck here?" Asena asked, and Doctor Cullen smiled once more.

"Until we're sure there isn't any complications found from the marks, but that should only be a few days. You'll be able to take her home soon. I can bring you to see her if you want, Ms. Uley." Doctor Cullen offered, and Asena nodded.

Jared let himself be known then, since he didn't want Asena walking away from his sight with the vampire. Doctor acullen smiled stiffly at Jared, before he lead the duo to Emily's room. He opened the door and let them in, before closing the door and walking away.

"Hello, Emily. I'm Asena, Sam's daughter. This is our friend Jared." Asena said, and Emily simply nodded.

"I wish this wasn't the way we meet." Emily murmured, and Asena smiled sympathetically.

"I know, me too. When you get out of here though, we can still do what you planned." Asena replied, though she wasn't sure if Emily would want to go out in public with scars like that on her face.

"I need to call Sam." Jared mumbled, before walking out of the room.

"Where is Sam?" Emily asked, causing Asena's eyebrows to furrow.

"I don't know. I haven't seen him since this morning. Has he not been here?" Asena asked, causing Emily to shake her head.

"I haven't seen him since this happened." Emily replied, making Asena sigh.

"I have no idea where he is, Emily. I can ask Jared. I would call Dad, but he and Jared have been lying to me so I don't really want to hear anymore lies." Asena commented, and Emily frowned.

"Lied to you? About what?" Emily asked, causing Asena to turn towards Emily.

"What actually happened to you, Emily?" Asena asked, and Emily looked at her with a surprised expression.

Emily was surprised that Sam and Jared had kept such a secret from Sam's own daughter. She figured he'd tell his daughter, since something could happen if she didn't know. She could've easily gotten hurt like Emily if she wasn't careful, which worried Emily immensely. Before Emily could answer her, Jared entered the room.

"Asena, do you want food?" Jared asked, trying to change the subject, since he had heard her and Emily outside the door.

"See what I mean?" Asena commented, as she looked over at Emily for a second, before turning back to Jared,"No, I'm not hungry." She answered, causing Jared to frown.

"W-well, Sam wants you to call him. He needs to talk to you; see how you're doing." Jared said, making Asena frown.

"I'm not the one he should be worried about," She murmured, before standing up and walking towards the door,"I'll call him." She replied, sighing slightly.

Asena wanted answers so bad, and she needed to find a way to get them...

×××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, she lied to the hospital about her relation to Emily, and met a vampire, though she didn't know he was a vampire. Her life is already going crazy.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx