Chapter Nineteen

"Sam and I need to talk." Paul said, causing Asena to look at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"Why? Is something wrong?" She asked, making him nod.

"Could get a lot worse soon." He replied, standing up to dump the trays.

Paul hadn't finished both trays, which made Asena wonder what was really wrong with him. He didn't eat much, which made the girl know something was bothering her friend. Sighing, Asena stood from the table and walked over to Paul. She grasped his arm and pulled him out of the lunch room.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She asked, but the boy shook his head.

"I have to talk to Sam first. It's his decision, not mine, even if it effects me." He answered, making the girl sigh.

"Do you even know what you're going to say to Sam, or are you just going off of whatever emotion youte feeling?" She asked, causing him to groan.

"Asena, I don't have a choice. My mother is leaving, so I either talk to Sam, or something bad could happen." He replied, and she nodded and stopped pestering him about it.

Asena wondered if the only problem was his mother leaving, but she had a feeling it wasn't. There was only two classes left, but there was a substitute teacher in the last class, so everyone knew they didn't have any real work to complete in that class.

"Asena, let Sam know we're skipping the rest of the day." Paul said, as he brought the girl to her locker to leave her books.

Paul dumped his books as well, while Asena texted Sam about what was going on. Paul drove she and himself to the pack house, before he got out of the car and sat down on the porch to wait for Sam.

"Asena, stay in here with Emily and help her cook. I need to talk to Paul in private." Sam stated, causing the girl to nod.

Asena walked over to Emily, and the older woman hugged her.

"How was school?" Emily asked, causing the girl to shrug.

"Most people were talking crap about Paul and I, but there really wasn't any problems." Asena answered, deciding not to tell anyone what Jacob had said about her and Carolyn's friendship.

Sam walked out and sat next to Paul on the porch. He could tell that his friend/ pack brother was having a hard time over something. Sighing, Paul turned towards the alpha and looked him in the eye for a moment.

"When you were given Asena, I know you loved her with your whole heart." Paul commented, and Sam nodded.

"I'd known her practically her whole life, so I loved her as if she was my daughter before she was given to me." Sam replied, a reminiscent smile on his face.

"Sam, how did you handle the transformation when you had a daughter to worry about?" He asked, making Sam feel a little confused.

"I stayed away from her until I trusted myself around her. When I accidentally hurt Emily, I stayed away from her again and would've sent her away for her own safety if I didn't see how bad I was hurting her and if it wasn't for Jared who talked some sense into me." Sam said, and Paul nodded to himself.

"What would you do if you had to choose between questionable safety or Asena being taken away because the person watching over her was leaving the reservation?" Paul asked, making Sam frown.

"I would fight for her and keep her, even if I had to worry more about her. I'd never leave her side or let her be taken from me," Sam replied, then sighed to himself,"Paul, what is all of this about? These questions are way too specific for normal or hypothetical questions." He questioned, and Paul looked away for a moment.

Paul didn't want Sam to be disappointed in him, and he also didn't want Sam to force him and Asena to never be around each other again. Now that Paul was starting to accept the imprint bond, he was becoming closer and more attached to the Uley girl, so he couldn't fathom the idea of never being able to see or be around her again. With a shaky sigh, the boy looked back up at the alpha.

"Sam, there's something I need to tell you, and I need you to listen to every bit of what I have to say before you yell at me or hate me." Paul said, and Sam frowned.

Sam didn't know what to expect from Paul. There were many ideas rolling through his head, but none of them made any sense to him. He also wondered how Paul had kept a secret from the pack that seemed to eating him alive.

"My mother's leaving the reservation. She found herself a boyfriend and she's moving in with him in New York. I don't even know how she met him, but she swears she's in love. The woman who barely raised me, who yelled at me for little things and blamed me for my father leaving for years, is going to take them with her," Paul rambled, stopping himself for a second to take a deep breath,"Sam, I messed up on my fifteenth birthday, and I got a girl pregnant. When she had the babies, she signed away all of her rights and vowed to never see them again. My mother has been caring for them while I've been here. I thought I could balance seeing them and being here, but then she dropped that bomb on me and now I either lose them, or I figure out a way to keep them here with me and raise them." He stated, as Sam listened carefully.

Sam didn't know how to feel when he found out about Paul's children, especially after he knew Paul had imprinted on his daughter. His daughter was young, and she didn't deserve to have to raise children with Paul, but Sam also knew that the imprint bond would be stronger and soon enough the two wouldn't be able to stay apart.

"What do you want from me, Paul?" Sam asked, causing the boy to sigh.

"Sam, could I move the babies here?" Paul asked, and Sam bit his lip.

"Paul, this is bigger than both of us. We have to tell the others. Your room isn't big enough for two babies, so if we get the others to agree and Asena agrees to let at least one of them stay in her room, then we'll bring them here." Sam said, making Paul's stomach drop.

Paul was scared to tell Asena. Sam was shocked when Paul asked for the babies to move in. Would he really be able to deal with two babies in his home, as well as watching his daughter help raise them--he wondered, but he couldn't let Paul hurt like that. He knew how it felt to be away from his child, so he knew Paul was in the same predicament. He hoped for the best, even if he wasn't going to be completely happy with the outcome...

×××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, I did a poll, and twins was the outcome. With that being said, Paul has twins!

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx