Chapter Thirty Two

Asena had doubted Paul would apologize to her

Asena had doubted Paul would apologize to her. She figured he would have the same mentality as all other buff boys who always got their way. During the first few hours that he was away, she had hoped that he would come to her and apologize, even if the apology was minuscule at best. It had only been a day and a half, but by now she had figured she was a fool to believe Paul was any different than any of the other jocks at the school. She almost believed he was so much like the stereotypical jock, she almost wanted to rub it in his face.

After the much needed sleep Emily had made her get, Asena had been feeling way better. She was able to care for the twins without feeling like she was going to cry every time they did. Her emotions weren't all out of whack anymore, so she had a better hold on herself.

When Sam had come back to the pack house after patrol, he was disappointed to see that Asena was awake, but Paul had still not apologized to the girl. In a fit of anger, Sam sent Paul out for late night patrol, making him leave as soon as he was finished eating dinner. When morning had come around, Sam went out to join Paul, knowing he needed to talk to the boy before he came back to the pack house. Sam had decided to have a man-to-man or heart-to-heart talk with, the person he referred to as, the idiot that had stolen his daughter's heart.

"How long is it going to take you to own up to what you've done?" Sam asked, looking over at Paul.

"I want to apologize, but I just can't get my mind around the right apology." Paul replied, causing Sam to roll his eyes.

"That's not an excuse. You can't wait forever, Paul. Either you apologize soon, or Asena will never forgive you." Sam stated, making Paul sigh.

Paul knew Sam was right, even if Sam was a tough guy to deal with. Sam showed tough love often, which made Paul wonder if this was a moment of tough love. He almost doubted it, since he was the one breaking Sam's daughter's heart. Paul had sworn to never make the girl upset, but he seemed to lack the sensibility not to make her mad often.

Sam beckoned Paul to come in for breakfast, after he looked inside and seen Asena sitting at the table with the twins. The twins had been slowly getting better, though their cough never ceased really. Asena was worried that their cough wouldn't get better, but she was glad that it hadn't gotten worse. If she would've had to bring them back to the hospital, she would've blamed herself for not being able to care for them properly when they are sick.

Paul sat across from Asena for breakfast, staying quiet when the girl glanced up at him when he sat down. Asena continued to  talk with everyone else at the table, except for Paul. When he would look at her, she would avoid his eyes to an almost excruciatingly annoying level, even Jared had started to notice the effort Asena put it to try and keep from making any eye contact with Paul. Asena refused to give Paul any of her attention until he owned up to his mistakes and apologized to her.

Though she wouldn't give him any of her attention, Paul couldn't stop himself from admiring her. She was the most beautiful girl he had ever laid eyes on. He loved how beautiful she looked in her sweatpants and a tank top, putting very little effort into her appearance. Asena never really put too much effort into her appearance, and believe it or not, Paul continued to think she was beautiful, even if she was wearing baggy guy clothes and her hair was a mess.

He watched as she talked with his twins, the twins staring at her as if she was the most amazing person in their eyes. He could tell they adored and admired Asena, which made him smile to himself softly, knowing even when he wasn't around, she was the perfect person that he could always trust his twins with. The three people in front of him were his world, even if Asena was pissed at him.

"Asena, could we talk outside?" Paul asked, causing Asena to nod stiffly.

Paul and Asena stood to their feet and walked outside, only after Asena made sure Emily was fine with watching the twins for a moment. Paul led Asena a little ways away from the pack house, since he didn't want the others trying to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Asena, I'm sorry about the other night. I'm not use to the stress of sick children, and I know you're not either. I'm still trying to handle my anger, which is really hard when I'm sleep deprived. I know that's not a good enough excuse, but I really am sorry. I will try harder to understand others emotions, and not let my emotions get the best of me, even when I'm exhausted." Paul said, and Asena sighed.

"Paul, you really upset me that night. You yelled at the twins, and you tried to yell at me. You threw it into my face that the twins were yours only--" Asena began, before Paul cut her off.

"They're not though, they're yours, too. They love you more than anyone in the world. I refuse to lose you. I absolutely need you in my life, and so do the twins. Please forgive me, don't leave us...don't leave me." His voice trailed off, making her smile lightly.

Instead of saying anything to Paul, Asena moved towards Paul and wrapped her arms around his neck, holding him tightly. He was stunned for a moment, before he wrapped his arms tightly around her waist and held her as close as possible. He buried his face into her neck, breathing in her intoxicating scent. He absolutely adored the girl, and he refused to let her go...

×××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, they're finally alright again. What do you guys think?!

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx