Chapter Thirteen

A few more months had passed, which included Halloween and Christmas

A few more months had passed, which included Halloween and Christmas. For Christmas, Sam had bought Asena a Slytherin hoodie, which she seemed to wear often. The year had started off somewhat nice, other than the crazy snow that had come through about a week ago. Luckily, the snow was gone and rain seemed to replace it. Asena could deal with rain, but she was not a fan of snow.

"Asena, your phone is ringing." Carolyn whispered, since they were in the middle of class.

Asena quickly asked the teacher to use the restroom once she had seen that the phone call was from Sam. Sam never called Asena during school unless something was really wrong. As soon as she was in the restroom, she pulled her phone from her hoodie pocket and answered the call.

"Hey, Dad. Is something wrong?" She asked, as soon as she had answered the phone.

"Not particularly, but I'm going to need you to stay at Billy's for a week. Paul Lahote just phased and I need to make sure his phasing is under control before he comes around you." Sam said, causing Asena to sigh.

"How am I going to have clothes?" She asked, making him chuckle.

"Dont worry, Asena. I'm taking Paul away from the house so you can pack clothes. Emily will be bringing you to Billy's once you have your things." Sam replied, and Asena seemed to sigh in relief.

"It'll only be a week, right?" Asena murmured, causing Sam to frown.

"Yes, only a week. I will pick you up myself when your week is up." Sam stated, making Asena nod to herself.

When the call had ended, Asena took a moment to compose herself in the bathroom. She was really fond of Carolyn, but she didn't want to leave home. After what had happened before when Sam had first phased, she was worried about not being able to go home soon enough. Asena loved her friend, but she didnt want to be away from home for so long. Honestly, she wondered what she was going to do once she was old enough to get her own job and move out. She wondered if Sam would eventually kick her out if she stayed forever, but she doubted it. If anything, Sam would let her stay forever since she was his daughter and he loved her.

"I have to stay with you for a week, since there's some problems going on at home. Dad said he has to take care of something, but he'll pick me up in a week." Asena stated, and Carolyn nodded.

"It'll be a great week. I promise we'll have a lot of fun." Carolyn commented, knowing how nervous Asena was about leaving home.

Asena had somewhat told Carolyn why she was scared of leaving home for too long, but she didn't tell her everything. Carolyn understood of course, so she didn't tease her friend at all for it. Carolyn texted her mother to pick up some stuff for Asena to make her feel at home, since she had told her mother how nervous Asena was about staying over at friends' houses for long periods of time.

"Mom wants to know if you want pizza for dinner." Carolyn commented, as they walked to the library for their break.

"Pizza sounds good. Is your brother alright with it?" Asena asked, causing Carolyn to shrug.

"Jacob's fine with just about anything other than sushi." Carolyn replied, and Asena laughed.

"I have to say the same. I hate sushi." Asena murmured, causing Carolyn to laugh as well.

Carolyn had started to refer to Jacob as her brother, and vice versa, since a little before Halloween. Asena was glad that Carolyn and Jacob were great siblings, but Asena could never see herself with siblings. She doubted Sam would ever have any kids anyway, even if it was with Emily. Asena somewhat hoped Sam had that type of future with Emily, but Sam didn't seem like the type of person to have anymore kids.

"Do you want to come home with me while I get my clothes together to go to your house?" Asena asked, and Carolyn shrugged.

"Sure, but I need to tell Mom so she knows where I am when I don't get off the bus at the house." Carolyn replied, as she finished her english homework.

"Did Mr. Tanner give you any notes for the Battle of Willow Creek?" Asena asked, causing Carolyn to shake her head.

"No, which I don't understand. He was giving us notes on everything else." Carolyn replied, and Asena frowned.

"Don't worry, I've got some notes. There were 346 casualties, but what isn't counted often is the twenty seven civilian casualties. Apparently Confederate soldiers fired church, believing it was housing weapons." Asena said, as Carolyn wrote down what she said.

Mr. Tanner had given them some facts about the battle, but he didn't give enough for them to get any notes from what he said. Asena hoped they'd get a new history teacher soon, since Mr. Tanner seemed to always talk down to his students and belittle them when they didn't answer the questions he asked correctly, even if they hadn't learned the criteria yet.

"Asena, it's time for lunch." Carolyn said, breaking the girl from her snide thoughts about Mr. Tanner.

"I hope they have crispitos today, otherwise I'm going to be so disappointed." Asena commented, causing Carolyn to laugh.

Carolyn loved when Asena would make jokes about food, since food jokes were always some of the funniest jokes ever told. Asena loved food, even though she didn't eat all the time just because she was bored or emotional. Matter of fact, Asena wasn't even the biggest fan of chocolate. She would eat it, but she wouldn't eat it all the time. Dark chocolate was the worst, but she liked milk chocolate and white chocolate.

"They have tater tot casserole today, but there's also sandwiches over there. You don't have to go without lunch today." Carolyn joked, as Asena smirked.

"I guess I'm eating peanut butter and jelly for lunch. Grab me a bag of chips to go with it." Asena replied, and Carolyn nodded.

The two girls headed to their table and began eating their lunch. Carolyn decided to tell Asena all of the fun things they could do for the week, which made Asena more calm about going to her house. Asena figured a week wouldn't be too bad...

×××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, this book won't be slow, but it won't be very fast either. We're only part of the way there, there's still so much to come. I'm going to search for a bedroom on pinterest for Carolyn tonight, then I'll update a chapter tomorrow.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx