Chapter Forty One

The hospital wasn't very happy when they were told Asena was to be moved to Sam's house for her final hours. Sue Clearwater had agreed to work the medical stuff if Asena needed it, but most of the medical machines were left at the hospital. Asena was put on the couch, a place where everyone could watch over her.

"Are you sure about this, Sam?" Sue asked, staring up at the man.

"Yes, I remember everything Markus Robins told me. He never showed me to prove it, but I know. I-I can't be wrong, Sue. I can't lose her." Sam replied, and Sue nodded sympathetically.

     Sue understood how Sam felt, since she knew she'd feel the same way if it was either one of her children or her husband. She knew Sam was barely hanging on by a thread, so she didn't want to push him. She knew if she pushed him, something unintentionally bad could happen to her or anyone around them.

"How's Paul dealing with this?" Sue asked Emily, as she sat down at the kitchen table.

"He's surviving, which is all we can hope for him. The twins keep him going for the most part, but we know if something doesn't go right here, and Asena doesn't make it, Paul won't be able to handle it. He's been moody and snappy with us, but we understand. He's barely holding on, so we don't expect him to be calm and cool around everyone. If something happens, I don't know if we'll lose him too. I have a feeling, if we lose her, we'll lose both of them." Emily said, causing Sue to frown.

"He has every right to behave that way. I just wish we knew this was definitely going to work." Jared murmured, as he walked through the kitchen to go outside.

       Jared and Embry had been watching over the twins for Paul, since he was barely able to look after himself. Sometimes he was able to watch them, other times he was too torn up and emotional to barely deal with himself.

"Is there a specific time for me to stop everything?" Sue asked, watching Sam walk into the room to grab himself a water bottle.

"The sooner the better. The longer we wait, the more I feel a pit growing in my stomach. I can't keep doubting everything, otherwise I don't know how I'll cope if something does happen." Sam replied, and Sue nodded.

"I can stop everything now and remove her oxygen and IVs." Sue commented, causing Sam to nod stiffly.

      Sam followed Sue into the living room, and soon Paul joined them. The two men stood and watched as Sue pulled the oxygen and medical equipment away from Asena. The only thing still running was the heart monitor on her finger. Sue kept the monitor on her finger, so they would know when her heart stopped. They watched as her chest stopped rising and falling, signaling that she stopped breathing. They counted down the moments they listened to her heart, but after a couple of minutes or so, her heart slowed down more until it had completely stopped.

      When her heart stopped and she didn't rise within seconds, Sam's stomach began to fill with dread. He hoped Markus, or rather dream Markus hadn't lied, otherwise he unintentionally let his daughter die sooner than she should've, and without him trying to save her in any way.

"Please wake up, Asena." Sam murmured, as Paul fell to his knees next to the couch and grasped her hand.

      The moments it took for Asena's heart to start beating again scared the hell out of them. When Paul felt her hand twitch, his head snapped towards her face. They listened for a second as her heart began to beat, slower than it did before, but still at a normal pace. Her skin began to grow warmer, not as warm as Paul's or Sam's, but warmer than it had before. A gasp rang through the air, startling everyone in the room, before Asena sat up, eyes wide, with deep breaths coming from her chest.

"Her eyes

"Her eyes." Paul murmured, causing Sam to glance and see that her eyes had turned a gold like color.

     Her eyes had turned back to their normal shade, before Paul jumped up and wrapped his arms around her.

"You're alive. I was so scared. I thought I lost you." He said, his face buried in her hair.

"I missed you." Asena mumbled, before Paul felt a tap on his shoulder.

      Looking up, Paul seen Sue giving him a look, telling him that others wanted to greet her as well. Sue gave the girl a light hug, before Sam stepped forward and wrapped his arms around his daughter. He placed a kiss on the top of her head, as she wrapped her arms around him and laid her head on his chest.

"I'm so glad it worked. I couldn't lose you." He said, and she nodded with a sniffle.

"What happened?" She asked, glancing up at Sam.

"I'll explain everything later. I just want you to relax and I'll let everyone come see you." He replied, smiling down at his daughter.

      Once he had let go of her, he let Emily hug her, as he walked outside to tell Jared and Embry to bring the twins to the living room.

"Is she...?" Jared trailed off, and Sam smiled.

"She's awake and alive. It's like nothing happened at all." He replied, causing Jared and Embry to grin.

     Quickly the two picked up the twins and walked inside with Sam. They set the twins on the floor and ran to hug Asena, especially Embry, since he was so scared Asena would be gone forever and it would be all his fault. After hugging her, they brought the twins over to Asena. The twins had missed Asena, so when they were set in her lap, they leaned forward, wrapped their small arms around her, and buried their heads in her chest. She smiled to herself, knowing she was finally home again with her family...

×××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, I decided to make my own idea of how she'd progress from dead to werewolf. She won't be turning into a werewolf for at least one or two chapters, but she will soon, I promise.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx