Chapter Fifteen

"I can't believe you talked me into wearing this

"I can't believe you talked me into wearing this." Asena whined, as she stepped on to the school bus with Carolyn, Jacob, Embry, and Quil.

"It's not cold out and it's not raining. Besides, you look amazing in the outfit, Asena." Carolyn said, causing the girl to sigh.

"Dad's going to kill me, Carolyn." Asena murmured, and the other girl groaned.

"Boys, tell her she looks hot." Carolyn demanded, making the boys nod.

"You look hot, Asena." Embry said, smiling towards the girl.

"Totally smoking." Quil added, as Jacob chuckled.

"Yep, just great." Jacob finished, before turning back to his conversation with Quil.

"You're awful, Carolyn." Asena commented, as Carolyn simply laughed at her friend.

Soon the school bus arrived at the school, and the students unloaded off of the bus and walked into the school. Carolyn and Asena headed to their first class, as the boys went to another.

"Today, class, I want you all to read whatever book you brought along in your book bags. I have a lot of grading to do, so I need you all to be quiet while I catch up on my grading." Ms. Flowers said, as she came in and sat down at her desk.

Ms. Flowers was a plump and elderly woman, but she was young at heart. She had short grey hair, and wore glasses when she read. Her left ear was deaf, so she spoke kind of soft when addressing the class. Everyone loved Ms. Flowers, even people who never had her class. She was one of the best teachers in the whole school.

"What book did you bring?" Carolyn asked, as she picked up her bookbag and placed it on her lap.

"I brought Pet Cemetery, what about you?" Asena asked, pulling her book out of her bookbag.

"Queen of the Damned. I already read the first story of the series, so I figured I might as well get to reading the second one." Carolyn replied, and Asena nodded.

"I've read some Anne Rice stories before, but I've never read Interview With A Vampire or Queen of the Damned." Asena commented, causing her friend to laugh quietly.

"You've been missing out, I can promise you that. Oh, you can read these if you want. I'll let you borrow these two when I'm finished." Carolyn said, and Asena smiled.

"That would be amazing. Thank you, bestie." Asena replied, propping open her book and beginning to read where she had left off the night before.

Asena finished the story by the end of class, so she hoped to have some homework to do at break, or for Carolyn to not have any so the two girls could hang out during break. Asena loved reading, so she was a bit disappointed that she had finished her story before the end of the school day. She was also disappointed that she didn't have anymore books to read because they were all at her home and not at Carolyn's.

Soon, break had come and Asena and Carolyn went straight to the library. The two girls didn't have any homework from their classes before break, so they didn't have anything to do besides talk. While sitting in the library with Carolyn, Asena recieved a message from Emily.

   'Sam will be picking you up from Billy's after school.'

"Dad is keeping his promise." Asena commented, and Carolyn smiled.

"So, he is coming to get you after a week?" She asked, causing the girl to nod.

"Yes, which makes me want to murder you again for talking me into wearing this. I'm going to bet Dad will already be there when we get back, so I won't be able to change before I see him." Asena said, making her friend smirk.

"Can't help you, sorry." Carolyn replied, shrugging mischievously.

Asena, Carolyn, Jacob, Embry, and Quil went to the bus when school ended and sat close again. Asena still wasn't close with Jacob or Quil, but she was somewhat closer to Embry. Embry was a nice boy, which made Asena happy. She was glad she could finally have more than just one friend at school again.

Anyhow, soon the bus stopped at the Black house, and the five teenagers stepped off of the bus. Quil and Embry knew Sam was going to be at Jacob's, so they ran straight home instead of staying with their friends. As soon as the three walked into the front door, Sam turned around from where he was standing and smiled at his daughter. His lips turned into a bit of a frown when he seen her outfit.

"What are you wearing? I can see your stomach." He commented, causing the girl to frown.

"I'm sorry, Dad, but I like the outfit and--" She began, before Sam cut her off.

"It's nice, but you know the outfit will get you unwanted attention at school from those creepy boys and even some girls." He said, and she nodded.

"I know, but I promise nobody advanced on me." She answered, causing him to nod stiffly.

Sam waited for Asena to pack all of her things, before he lead her out to his truck and placed her things in the back. He drove them home and once they were outside, Emily came running out and hugged Asena.

"Oh, I missed you." Emily murmured, as she kissed the girl's cheek.

"I missed you, too, Em." She replied, feeling Sam wrap his arms around both of them and place kisses on their heads.

"C'mon, let's go inside. I have dinner ready." Emily said, as she held Asena's hand in hers.

Sam grabbed Asena's bags, as Emily brought Asena inside. Jared was waiting for the girl at the table. As soon as she walked inside, he stood up and wrapped his arms around her for a tight hug.

"Good to see you too, Jared." She murmured, and he grinned.

He patted the seat next to him for the girl to sit, as Emily finished making dinner.

"I'm putting your things on your bed." Sam stated, as he walked through the kitchen and Asena nodded.

Paul was coming down the stairs and he nodded at Sam in greeting. When Sam passed with Asena's things, Paul almost furrowed his eyebrows at the scent. The scent was alluring to him, but he didn't pay any attention to it. He walked into the kitchen, but stopped in the doorway when he seen another girl in the kitchen. He realized the girl was Asena Uley, Sam's daughter. Emily looked over from her spot at the stove and smiled at Paul.

"Paul, come meet Asena." She commented, causing the boy to nod and walk further into the kitchen.

He looked over at Asena and she turned towards him. When his eyes met hers and his world froze. His eyes were wide, and Jared watched with wide eyes as well. The only thought in Jared's head was fuck when he realized exactly what had happened between Asena Uley and Paul Lahote...

××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I was going to update tomorrow instead, but I had time tonight, so here's an update.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx