Chapter Thirty

Asena and Paul didn't get much rest throughout the day, and Emily and Sam weren't really able to help them

Asena and Paul didn't get much rest throughout the day, and Emily and Sam weren't really able to help them. Sam had pack duties to fulfill, and Emily had to participate in something with Sue. Asena didn't ask what it was, since she was too exhausted to try and give ideas on how to make things easier for Emily. Asena and Paul had to clean up vomit and diarrhea more than once, which grossed them out immensely. The twins would cough so much they'd puke, and once Paul was unlucky enough to be the thing they puked on after a coughing fit. Asena had to clean up the twins, as well as somewhat clean up Paul before he could even make it to the bathroom to shower, and throw up himself since he had been so grossed out.

With a sigh, Asena laid down in her bed and closed her eyes. It was pushing eleven o'clock at night, and she and Paul were exhausted. They had finally gotten the twins to fall asleep, so they were both able to try and go to sleep as well. Paul had to sleep in his own room because of Sam, but he left his door wide open so he could hear the twins if they woke up, or hear Asena if she needed him.

Around one in the morning, Kai woke up coughing, and when he started crying, he woke up Hazel. Kai and Hazel cried and coughed, which woke up Paul and Asena. The coughing caused them both to throw up again, which was a bit irritating. Asena had to clean up the twins, while Paul stripped their beds and put down new sheets. Once they were clean, Asena was able to fix them bottles of pedialyte. She let them drink their pedialyte, knowing it would help hydrate them from all of the electrolytes they'd been losing. When she laid them down to sleep, they both began crying again. Paul groaned in frustration,  wiping his hands over his face.

"Will you two just shut up! Jesus! You're all clean and you're tired! Just sleep!" Paul exclaimed, causing them to cry harder.

Asena glared at him, as she grabbed two medicine droppers full of pain relievers, that helped with their fevers. Once they'd taken their medicine, she turned towards Paul and pushed him out of her room. Once he was out of the room, though he was just standing in the hallway, Asena picked up the twins and began to calm them down. As soon as they were calm and falling asleep, she placed them back in their cribs. She felt Paul's eyes on her, which made her turn towards him. Closing the door behind her, she walked into the hall and stood in front of Paul.

"What is wrong with you?! They're babies, and they're sick! It doesn't matter if you're exhausted, you have to keep your cool and be gentle with them! You can't just yell at them for the hell of it!" Asena whisper-shouted, as she crossed her arms.

"You can't be serious, Asena! They were crying for no reason!" Paul retorted, making her frown.

"They're hurting and they had fevers. Being sick isn't easy on anyone, but it's worse for babies. You can't expect them to be completely fine just because you are tired or upset." She spat, causing him to glare at her.

"I'm their father, Asena. I know what's best." He sneered, making her chuckle humorlessly.

"Than act like one, Paul. I can't tell that you know what's best. You yelled at them for crying because they're tired, sick, and in pain. Maybe you should pull your head out of your ass and quit being an asshole. They need you, Paul. They need comfort, but yelling at them isn't going to solve anything." Asena stated, before turning away.

"They have you, so they don't need me. I can't deal with this right now." He replied, shaking with anger.

"Get over yourself." She retorted, opening her bedroom door and closing it behind her.

Paul growled, but instead of running out of the house, he went to his room and slammed the door. Luckily, he didn't wake the twins, otherwise Asena would've murdered him. He threw himself on to his bed and closed his eyes. He was exhausted mentally and physically, and deep down he knew Asena was as well. Sighing, he rolled over in bed and buried his face in his pillow. He knew that he and Asena needed to make up, and he also knew Asena was right about the twins needing him as much as they needed her, but he couldn't bring himself to apologize just yet.

Asena laid in her bed and closed her eyes. She knew she wasn't going to get much sleep, but she hoped for a few hours of rest. Her nerves were warring thin, but she knew she couldn't be unfair to the twins. If they weren't going to have the comfort and support of their father, she was going to be there for them, even double the amount if she had to be. She wondered if Sam and Emily had heard their fight, but she hoped that she and Paul didn't accidentally wake them up. She knew if Sam heard their fight, he'd punish Paul for hurting her and the twins' feelings. Asena knew Paul's nerves were on edge like hers, and even though that didn't excuse his behavior, she didn't believe he deserved any extra aggression or punishment from Sam.

Letting out a silent sigh, Asena pulled her blanket lightly over her to get comfortable. Her air conditioning in her room was always on, so her room stayed cold, just the way she liked it, and it helped the twins stay cool, especially now that they were always hot from their sickness. She always made sure they were never cold, but she refused for her room to be hot, even in the winter. With the cool air lightly kissing the skin of her arms, Asena was able to fall into a restful sleep, at least, for the next few hours, until the twins inevitably woke up again...

××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. Double update again! What do you guys think?! Asena and Paul had their first fight!

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx