Chapter Fifty Six

Sam wouldn't speak to them for the night, and the next day was the day they had to prepare for war. Asena and Paul spent most of their day with the twins, since they were terrified of dying and leaving the twins without a mother or father. Emily was coddling Asena, scared she'd lose the girl she loved as her daughter. She knew Asena and Sam were having a little dispute, but she knew they would get over it. If they didn't, they'd hate themselves if something happened and the last thing they did was spend time angry with each other.

      When night time rolled around, Asena and Paul could barely sleep. Hell, most of the pack could barely sleep, other than Jacob, who seemed to be having the time of his life taking care of the girl he had been pining over for years. Asena hoped Jacob would finally find himself a nice girl who would get him to stop obsessing over Bella.

      The next morning came like a slap in the face. Asena and Paul had been woken up by Emily early, since she wanted them to be well fed before the battle. After eating, the pack had to leave to get to the field where the battle was happening. They were going to stay in the woods until they were called. Jasper planned to whistle for them right before the battle started, so they could surprise the newborns and get the upper hand.

       When Asena heard Jasper's low whistle, she ran towards the battle field. The pack followed with her, gearing up for the war they didn't want to participate in. Asena was able to take out quite a few newborns without any help, but once the newborns caught on to who was killing them, they started attacking her more. When he heard her whine, Jasper turned around and seen Asena had four newborns on her. He quickly ran over and took down two newborns off of her back. Asena took out the other two, before she nudged Jasper with her head in thanks.

       Jasper sent the girl a smirk, before he ran back out to take down more newborns. Asena took out a few more, including a few that were hanging up on Sam, and a few that had the upper hand on Paul. She then ran towards Jasper and Rosalie, when she seen the two were back to back with too many newborns on their tail. Asena jumped over the Hale siblings and landed on the ground, causing a loud boom to be heard through the field. The newborns stopped in their tracks for a moment when they seen her, giving the three enough time to attack.

       Asena, Rosalie, and Jasper ripped heads off of newborns together, which seemed like a weird bonding thing. Quite the friendship bond honestly, if Asena did say so herself. When the newborns were gone, Rosalie and Jasper rubbed the white wolf's head, smiling at her in thanks. The three of them worked well together, even in times that were hectic.

        Soon, the battle was over and everyone was standing together. Out of nowhere, a newborn came running towards them. Leah went to grab it, but Jacob was faster. He tried to take out the newborn, but the newborn jumped on his back, wrapped his arms around Jacob, and crushed his ribs. Jacob phased back to human form and was groaning in pain, as Asena tore apart the newborn she and Jasper tore off of Jacob.

"Take him home. I'll be there as quick as I can. All of you go. The Volturi wouldn't be happy to see you." Carlisle stated, and the wolves nodded.

"You did good." Jasper commented, petting Asena's head.

"I'll see you soon." Rosalie added, smiling at the white wolf.

       Asena ran off with the pack, before she phased back and wrapped a blanket around her body. She went straight to her room to change into an outfit, before she seen the paper Rosalie had given her. She picked up the paper and opened it.

   'Carlisle said the bond will make it easier for you two to have children. I'm hoping you get to have the chance again, that I never had. I'm happy for you, and I'll always be here if you ever need a babysitter for your pups. ~Rose'

     Asena laughed lightly before it clicked in her brain. She would be able to have more children with Paul, especially if they weren't careful after the bond. She didn't know how soon she wanted more kids, but she was sure it wouldn't be any time soon. She didn't want to have more kids until she and Paul had their own place or were married, or at least engaged. Anyhow, Asena quickly dressed to leave and check on Jacob with the rest of the pack.

      The day was slowly fading into night, but when Carlisle arrived and began to rebreak Jacob's bones, Asena wished the time would pass by faster

      The day was slowly fading into night, but when Carlisle arrived and began to rebreak Jacob's bones, Asena wished the time would pass by faster. After a while, Sam walked over to her and Paul. Instead of saying anything rude to them, he pulled Asena into a hug. She hugged him back, before looking at him with a confused look on her face.

"What was that for? I thought you were mad at me." She commented, and he nodded.

"I was, but after what happened to Jacob, I realized being mad was pointless. You're happy and that's all that matters. Besides, I'd rather get past that, because I realized I could've lost you today, and I don't ever want either of us to die with the assumption the other is mad. I love you, my daughter, and I'll always be proud of you." He said, causing Asena to smile.

       Asena hugged her father again, happy they were over their dispute. She didn't want to lose her father, and honestly she was scared she could've lost him today, like she could've lost Paul. She never wanted to lose any of her family, especially when things weren't going as well as she had hoped...

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, he didn't freak out. He might if they get too close though.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx