Chapter Thirty Eight

As the EMTs ran over and began to check on Asena, a few police cars pulled up. The officers walked over to ask questions to bystanders, Embry, and the two girls from the SUV.

"What happened?" The one officer asked, standing in front of Embry.

"Asena and I were walking out of the coffee shop. She was a few steps ahead of me. We heard the squealing tires, and I was able to move out of the way, but she was too far away for me to grab her and pull her to safety. The SUV hit her, she tumbled over the top, and when she hit the ground she was unconscious and blood was everywhere. I've been trying to keep her alive with Sylivia, the older lady over there," He pointed to the older woman,"She helped me try to keep Asena alive. We couldn't get her to wake up, but we kept her breathing and her heart beating." He said, as the officer nodded with a sympathetic look on his face.

"Are you her boyfriend?" The officer asked, causing Embry to quickly shake his head.

"No, I'm her friend. My name is Embry Call. I-I have to call her father and boyfriend." Embry replied, feeling frightened again about talking to either of them about Asena's accident.

"I will let you start calling them, but Asena should be heading to the hospital now, if you want to ride with her." The officer said, and Embry sighed.

"Her car is still here. I can't just leave it." He commented, making the officer smile sympathetically once again.

"Do you know someone who could pick it up?" He asked, causing Embry to nod.

"Yes, a friend of ours." He answered, making the officer nod.

"Great, call your friend and tell him to pick up the car. I will stay here until he arrives." The officer stated, and Embry smiled.

"Thank you. His name is Jared Cameron. I'll call him after I call her father." Embry said, before he quickly ran towards Asena's direction.

"You have two minutes to call whoever you need, but then we'll have to leave. We're taking her to Forks hospital. It's safest there for her." The EMT stated, and Embry nodded.

     Embry quickly pulled out his phone and called Sam's phone. When Sam didn't answer, he quickly called Emily.

Em- Hello?

E - Emily, there's been an accident. Tell Sam and Paul to go to Forks hospital with you. Send Jared to Port Angeles to pick up Asena's car. It's across the stress from the coffee shop, and an officer is waiting for him to pick it up.

Em - Wait! Embry, what's going on?!

E - I don't have time to explain. It's bad, and we've got to get to the hospital soon. Please, bring them and send Jared.

Em - I will.

      Embry quickly ended the call, before he climbed into the back of the ambulance and took a seat near Asena. He gently laid his hand on top of hers, as the EMTs continued to work on Asena.

      Almost half way to Forks, the machines started alarming, and the EMTs jumped into action. Asena stopped breathing, so they had to intubate her. Watching them pl ut a tube down Asena's throat for her to breath scared the hell out of Embry, since he had never seen something like that happen before. The alarms stopped going off, but her numbers weren't getting any better.

      When they arrived at Forks hospital, the EMTs ran Asena inside. Doctors and nurses surrounded her, and they made Embry stay in the waiting room. His hands went to his hair, as he gave it an anxious tug. He was worried and anybody could tell from the way he was acting. Moments later, Sam, Paul, and Emily ran in and spotted him.

"What happened?" Sam demanded, but his voice faltered a little when he seen how distraught Embry was.

"We were just about to head back. She wanted iced coffee, so we went to the coffee shop. I was behind her when we heard tires squealing. She was too far for me to grab her and pull her to safety, so I had to watch...the SUV hit her, she tumbled over the top, and when she hit the ground she was unconscious." Embry said, tears swelling in his eyes as he told Sam what had happened.

"Where's the person responsible?" He asked, his voice full of emotion.

"I watched the officers arrest her and her friend. I don't know what exactly happened, but another officer should be here later to tell us everything." Embry answered, his voice breaking a little.

"Can we see her? How is she?" Emily asked, her voice frantic.

"We can't see her yet. They have her in surgery, but a doctor will be out here when she's done." Embry murmured, as he and the others walked further into the waiting room.

      He watched as Emily's face crumbled with emotion, but she kept her tears from shedding.

"I have to tell you one more thing." Embry said, his voice shaky.

"What?" Paul asked, talking for the first time since he entered the hospital.

"When we were half way here, she stopped breathing. They had to put a tube down her throat for her to breath. She couldn't breath on her own." Embry informed them, watching as Emily burst into tears and buried her face in Sam's chest.

       Embry could see that they didn't blame him, but he did blame himself. If he had been standing closer, he could've saved her. He could've pushed or pulled her to safety, but instead he watched her get hit by the SUV. He felt as though her injuries were all his fault. He should've heard everything before she did, and he should've been able to save her. If she died, he'd never be able to forgive himself. Honestly, he already hated himself for what happened, so if it got worse, he would hate himself even more than he already did now...

×××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, they finally know, but they haven't seen her yet, so they don't know how bad she is.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx