Chapter Six

Asena visited Emily often, though Jared went with her every time. He couldn't leave her on her own though, since he was the only one taking care of her since Sam was gone. Once Emily was let out of the hospital, Jared brought her to Sue. Leah had heard about Sam and Emily, so she had left to stay with one of her friends until Emily was gone from her home. She would not see Emily again unless she had to, and there wasn't a good reason to see her according to Leah.

Jared brought Asena home and she went straight to her room. She would visit Emily at Sue's when she could, but she knew school would be starting in just a couple of weeks. Asena laid in her bed, reminecing about all the memories she had with Sam. She hadn't had any real bad days since she moved in with Sam, other than when he left her with the Clearwater family for weeks, but things had once again changed.

"Asena," Jared called, as he knocked on her bedroom door,"there, uh--someone wants to see you downstairs. I'll be outside, alright?" He said, and she sighed.

Standing from her bed, she walked towards her door and opened it. Jared had heard her walking towards the door, so he left went outside once he heard the bedroom door open. Asena ran her fingers through her hair, before she slowly made her way down the stairs. Her eyes widened when she seen Sam standing in the living room.

"I wasn't expecting to see you." She mumbled, as she stared at her father.

"I know, and I'm so sorry, Asena. I really am." He said, causing her to frown.

"Why did you leave? Why were you gone for so long? Why didn't you come home?" She asked, her eyes scanning his to try and find out what he was feeling or thinking.

"Asena, I--" He began, before sighing,"Do you remember the tribal legends?" He asked, and she nodded.

"Of course, but what does that have anything to do with you leaving?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"Asena, the legends are true." He said, and her eyes widened.

"What?" She murmured, causing him to grab her hand.

Sam lead her outside, passing Jared as they walked towards the woods. Jared followed close behind, just incase something happened.

"I'm going to show you something, but I promise you that you're completely safe." He said, before he walked into the woods.

Moments later, a large black wolf came out of the woods. It slowly walked closer to Asena. She watched the wolf for a moment, as it stepped closer cautiously. When the wolf was an arm's length away, it lowered itself to the ground in front of her. Asena looked at Jared, and he nodded for her to touch the wolf. She slowly reached her hand out, before she began to run her fingers through the fur on top of the wolf's head. She sat down on the ground by the wolf, and the wolf picked its large head up and laid it on her legs. She smiled as she pet the wolf for a moment.

"Alright, Sam. You should probably phase back." Jared said, causing the wolf to pick up its head.

The wolf huffed at Jared, before standing up and walking into the woods. Another moment or two passed, before Sam came out of the woods in place of the wolf. Asena still sat on the ground, though she was completely baffled that the tribal legends had been true. Sam extended his hand to the girl, allowing her to grab it before he pulled her to her feet.

"Let's talk in the house. You probably have a lot of questions." He said, and she nodded.

Asena followed Sam into the house, before she sat down at the kitchen table with him and Jared.

"When did this happen?" Asena asked, looking over at Sam.

"When I left you at Harry's for those weeks, I had just phased. I was scared to be around you, because I didn't want to hurt you." Sam said, and Asena bit her lip, before looking over at Jared.

"When Sam brought me back here the first time, that was the first time I had phased." Jared added, and Asena sighed.

"Will anyone else phase?" Asena asked, causing Sam to nod.

"Only ones of quillete blood phase, but it's only males that I know of. I can tell that Paul Lahote will be phasing soon, but I don't know exactly when. He's the most temperamental of the others, so I believe he'll be easily triggered once he phases. You'll have to be careful around him." Sam stated, and Jared agreed.

"W-what actually happened to Emily?" Asena asked, watching as Sam's face fell once again.

"Do you remember when I said I was scared to be around you incase I hurt you?" Sam asked, and Asena nodded,"Emily had said something about my father. Hearing his name and how she compared me to him made me angry. I couldn't control my phase, and I accidentally hurt her," He said, looking away from his daughter,"Hurting her made me realize just how dangerous I was to be around, and I was even more scared of being around you. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I ever hurt you, Asena. I did some thinking while I was gone, and I decided to tell you the truth to try and keep you safe around myself, Jared, and anyone else who becomes a part of our pack. If you know the truth, you'll be able to keep yourself safer." He stated, and Asena nodded.

"If you see one of us getting angry, you can try to calm us down, but once it's too late, you better run." Jared said, and Sam agreed.

With a sigh, Asena stood from her seat and walked over to Sam. She wrapped her arms around him, hugging him as she buried her face in his neck for a moment.

"I missed you, Dad." She murmured, and he smiled.

"I missed you, too." He replied, kissing the side of her head.

Once she let go of Sam, she walked over to Jardd and hugged him as well.

"Thank you for helping me while Dad was gone." She said, and he smiled as well.

Jared cared for Asena, so of course he'd take care of her when Sam wasn't around. He was happy she knew the truth now. He hoped this way she'd be able to keep herself safe around them, even though it was their job to protect her not the other way around...

×××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, she finally knows the truth. With the truth comes hardship, almost always of course.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx