Chapter Twenty One

Asena and Paul had to get themselves ready while taking care of babies, which was a lot harder than Asena thought it would be

Asena and Paul had to get themselves ready while taking care of babies, which was a lot harder than Asena thought it would be. Paul handled Kai, while Asena handled Hazel. When they finished getting ready, they had to eat and feed the twins at the same time. Surprisingly enough, Asena had a lot less trouble feeding Hazel while eating, than Paul did with Kai.

"Paul, Asena, I know this is a bad time, but for the time being, I need you both to stay away from Jacob and his friends." Sam said, when he walked into the kitchen for dinner.

"Wait. Does that include Carolyn, Dad?" Asena asked, looking at Sam with wide eyes.

"I'm sorry, Asena, I am, but they're safer if you stay away. Also, we don't need them finding out about us." Sam replied, causing Asena to sigh and look away.

The two left soon after, knowing the school day wasn't going to be as good as they were hoping. When they arrived at school, Asena seen Jacob trying to keep Carolyn away from Paul and Asena. Jacob had seen Paul hanging out with Sam and Jared, so he believed Paul was now a part of Sam's "cult." Carolyn didn't understand why Jacob was pulling her away from her best friend. She had met Sam and Jared and they were very nice, so she didn't know why Jacob hated them so much. She listened to Jacob talking crap about them all night, but she didn't want to believe any of Jacob's assumptions.

Paul and Asena sat together in all of their classes, knowing they were the only friends each other had. Asena wished she could still be friends with Carolyn, but she had to abide by Sam's rules. Sam never asked much of her, so to protect the pack, her family, she was going to do what Sam told her to do. During lunch, Asena and Paul sat together away from the table near Jacob and his friends; the table they had sat at before. The two joked and laughed together, trying to make the best of their predicament. Paul liked spending time with Asena and vice versa, but they also wished they could hang out with their old friends as well.

"I handed Hazel to Jared for one minute so I could fix myself a drink, and when I came back, he was gagging and she was laughing at him. Apparently in those sixty seconds I was away, Hazel had spit up all over him and he was covered in it." Asena said, causing Paul to laugh.

"That's her way of telling Jared she likes him. Ya know, he's the big brother they get to pick on, since they can't pick on us or Sam and Emily." Paul replied, and Asena nodded with a laugh.

"Oh, Jared is in for it once they're walking." She commented, as Paul nodded with a chuckle.

The two went quiet when Carolyn walked up to their table. Jacob was waving frantically and telling the girl to come back to his table and get away from Paul and Asena, but Carolyn wanted to know what was going on.

"Why haven't you talked to me all day?" Carolyn asked, causing Asena to frown.

"Your guards are the problem." She replied, making Carolyn frown.

"It wasn't a problem before. What's going on? Why are you ignoring me? Why is Jake telling me to stay away from you?" Carolyn asked, her eyes filling with tears.

Asena looked over at Paul, hoping he'd have an answer, but all he could do was nod encouragingly at her.

"Jacob's a pain in the ass, Carolyn, but he's looking out for you," Asena began, sighing slightly, not wanting to hurt her best friend,"Maybe you should start listening to him. He's protecting you." Asena said, as she stared at the girl.

"Protecting me from who or what?" Carolyn asked, her voice barely above a whisper.

"From us." Asena spat, looking away from Carolyn.

Carolyn's heart shattered, as she ran away from the table and back over to Jacob. Jacob hugged his sister, seeing the tears threatening to fall from her eyes. He hated Paul and Asena for making his sister upset, but at least now she realized that they were just as bad as he was saying they were.

"That hurt." Asena murmured, as she looked up at Paul.

"It's for the best. This will keep her safe, and all of us safe, too." Paul replied, placing his hand on top of Asena's.

As soon as the school day ended, Asena practically ran straight out to the car. Paul met her there moments later, throwing his bag in the backseat. Jacob approached them with Quil following him. Embry stayed back with Carolyn, comforting her still from what had happened during lunch.

"You hurt her. You were her only girl friend here, and you left her." Jacob spat, as he glared at Asena.

"Back off, Jacob." Paul growled, placing an arm protectively around Asena.

"Don't start with me, Lahote. You think you're all high and mighty now that you're a part of Sam's cult. I bet you're the reason Asena is being such a bitch to Carolyn. You got in her head like Sam did yours." Jacob sneered, as he took a step closer trying to look threatening.

"I will break you in half, Jacob. Leave us alone." Asena retorted, causing Paul to smirk.

Paul had never actually heard Asena actually threaten anyone before, but he had to admit that he really liked this side of her. When she was angry she was hot, and he doubted he'd be able to stay away from her after this.

"Don't threaten me. You're just a girl." Jacob said, causing Paul to growl once again.

"Well, I'm not," Paul retorted, as he stepped forward and pushed Jacob away with a little force, but not too much to hurt him,"if you come near Asena and I again, I'll beat your ass. Stay away from us. That goes for every one of you." Paul spat, pulling Asena to her side of the car.

As soon as she and Paul were away from the school, she let out a sigh of relief. If she and Paul hadn't left when they did, she felt like she and Paul would've beat Jacob's ass in front of the entire school. Jacob needed to learn respect, even if it needed to be beat into him...

××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I would've updated this chapter a couple of hours ago, but I was doing some online shopping for Christmas, so I wasn't keeping track of time.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx