Chapter Fifty One

Bella had come around about two weeks before her high school graduation. She was surprized to see Quil Ateara had joined the pack, but she was even more surprised when she met Carolyn Swann. She didn't know much about Carolyn, but she was the one who broke the "imprint bond" news to her. It had been an accident, but her telling Carolyn had made Asena mad. Embry deserved to tell Carolyn, not Bella. The most Embry had told her was that the legends were true, he didn't want to tell her too much at one time since he didn't want to overwhelm her.

        Bella didn't know how much Carolyn had known though, so it wasn't entirely her fault. She was a bit mad that Carolyn was told so much, when she was kept in the dark until she forced the truth out of everyone. Carolyn had been upset when she learned that all of the boys and Leah were tribal shapeshifters, and she was upset when she found out Asena was a werewolf.

**Flashback**

"So, the pack is full of shapeshifters, and you're the only werewolf?" Carolyn asked, and Asena nodded.

"Yes, but none of us chose this fate, Carolyn. Everything was thrown on us without us wanting it to." Asena replied, as she sat down next to Carolyn.

"Did you know you were a werewolf before you turned?" Carolyn asked, and Asena nodded again.

"Dad told me, since he remembered the stories my birth father told him. My birth father was the son of a hybrid, so he was able to turn at will and not only on a full moon. So, Dad knew it would be the same for me, which was why he had decided I would be one." Asena said, causing Carolyn's eyebrows to furrow.

"Why would he decide that? What was the other choice?" Carolyn asked, confused about the situation.

"It was either I turn into a werewolf, or I stay on life support for my whole life. I was hit by an SUV and I was only alive because of life support. After Dad brought me home, I was taken off life support. My heart stopped, which triggered my werewolf gene and revived me." Asena replied, and Carolyn bit her lip.

"Did it hurt, ya know, turning into a werewolf?" Carolyn asked, scared to upset Asena.

"Yes, it hurt like hell. I had to accept my wolf, and during my first phase, I couldn't control my wolf completely. I ended up attacking the pack. Dad was the reason I was able to become one with my wolf. Paul and I would often play together in our wolf forms when I had to deal with full moons, since he and Dad were the ones who were always with me." Asena replied, remembering her first phasing.

"Will yours and the packs children have the same genes?" She asked, and Asena nodded.

"Yes, but when it comes to Paul and I, I don't know who's gene would actually pass on, or if the children would have both. The children might have both, but would only be able to trigger their werewolf gene if their heart stopped like mine did." She answered, shrugging her shoulders.

"I'm mad that you never told me, but I understand," Carolyn began, before sighing lightly,"I missed you, Asena. I hope our friendship can go back to the way it use to be." She commented, reaching forward to hug Asena.

       Asena hugged Carolyn back slowly, since she was still a little hesitant around Carolyn. She didn't want to hurt her friend, even if that meant she couldn't be close to her.

**End of Flashback**

"We have to get things together for your graduation party." Emily said, and Asena smiled.

"You don't have to throw a party. Paul and I are graduating, but if we would've went anymore days without being at school, we never would've graduated." Asena replied, causing Emily to shrug.

"Graduating is like winning. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or you win by a mile, winning is winning." Emily commented, causing Asena to laugh lightly.

"Whatever you say, Em." Asena answered, and Emily smiled.

        Asena and Paul had barely made it to graduation, since they had stayed out of school often for the pack or because Taylor tried to start more drama. If anything, most of their school work was done at home when they weren't with the pack or taking care of the twins.

"Pop!" Kai exclaimed, as he ran towards the front door.

"No, Kai! Pop is working!" Paul exclaimed, chasing after his son.

"No, Daddy!" Kai cried, as he kicked his legs when Paul picked him up.

"It's about time for Dad to come back, I'll go get him. Leah is taking his place." Asena commented, before she exited the house.

       Asena whistled for her father, knowing he'd be able to hear her when she whistled. She watched as a black wolf came out of the woods and stood in front of her.

"Leah is taking your place ten minutes early. It's grandpa duty time now." Asena commented, causing Sam to huff.

     Asena laughed lightly as she walked towards the pack house and went back inside. Sam came in soon after and was instantly met by Kai. Kai was latched to his leg, his tear stained face looking up at Sam.

"Oh, Pup, it's alright. Mommy and Daddy didn't mean to make you cry. I know they're boring and not as cool as Pop." Sam commented, causing the two young parents to scoff.

        Hazel quickly ran over to Sam as well, knowing he would give her the same attention he was giving her brother if she wanted it. The twins loved their parents, but their grandfather seemed to be their new favorite person as of recently. Asena and Paul were glad the twins were comfortable around everyone in the pack, especially Sam and Emily though, since they were technically the twins' grandparents; only because Sam was Asena's father, and Emily was her soon to be stepmother. The family was the perfect amount of mixed and dysfunctional...

×××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I don't want to put too many filler chapters in this story, so there won't be more than seventy to seventy five chapters.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx