Chapter Eight

Asena was a bit nervous about going on the "date" with Sam and Emily

Asena was a bit nervous about going on the "date" with Sam and Emily. She didn't have a bad feeling, but she didn't have a great one either. She had gotten up early to get a shower and pick out an outfit. Since it was getting closer to September, and her first day of school was September 1st, the days weren't too hot or too cold just yet. So, her outfit was almost perfect for the weather. She just hoped the outfit was perfect for the occasion. She remembered what her father had said they would do, so she had an idea of what to wear, but she was still worried that it wasn't right.

"Asena! We're going to pick up Emily in thirty minutes!" Sam exclaimed, as he walked passed her room.

Asena bit her lip, before walking over to her mirror to apply another layer of lip gloss. She had practically chewed her other layer off with her anxious lip biting. Anyhow, once she checked herself in the mirror and made sure she didn't look like a hobo, she opened her bedroom door and headed down the stairs. Jared was the first one to see her as he sat at the kitchen table with Sam. He sent a smile her way, causing Sam to turn around to look at her.

"You look nice, Asena." Sam said, and Asena smiled.

"I was just thinking the same thing." Jared commented, as he nodded in agreement.

"Thank you, guys. I normally don't wear dresses, but special occasions like this one opt for me to wear one." She replied, as she sat down with them at the kitchen table.

As she pulled a piece of gum from her pack on the table, she felt her phone begin to ring. She was lucky that she had a pocket on the inside of her jacket, otherwise she would've had to leave her phone at home. Anyhow, she pulled out her phone and answered it when she seen Emily had been calling.

"Hey, Em." She greeted, causing Sam and Jared to look over at her.

"Hey, Asena. You're wearing a dress, too, right? I mean-you don't have to, but I am and I don't want to be overdressed compared to you, and--" Emily rambled, but Asena cur her off with a light laugh.

"Yes, I'm wearing a dress. It's very plain, but it's a dress. I'm wearing a cropped jacket with it though, so I don't get cold. You might want to do the same, since some places have their AC up too high for this time of year." Asena said, and Emily sighed in relief.

"I'll grab one to go with my outfit. You're a lifesaver, Asena. I'll see you when you get here." Emily replied, causing Asena to smile lightly.

"We'll be leaving in like ten minutes." Asena commented, and Emily took a shaky breath.

Once the call ended, Emily let out a happy laugh knowing she would be able to finally spend time with Sam and Asena together, and she'd be able to find out how Asena feels about her moving in with them. While Emily seemed to be almost doing a happy dance, Sam and Jared were staring at Asena with raised eyebrows.

"What?" Asena asked, and they both laughed.

"You girls are too much." Jared commented, causing Asena to roll her eyes.

"Good thing you'll never have to worry about getting a girlfriend, Jared." Asena retorted, making him scoff.

"I don't understand why you two want to coordinate with what you're wearing. It's just a date, Asena." Sam said, causing Asena to simply shake her head in disappointment.

Sam and Asena soon left the house to pick up Emily. Since they were using Sam's truck, Asena was being squished between Sam and Emily. Emily wasn't a big girl, but Sam was huge because of his shapeshifterness, so he took up a lot of room.

"I'm going to need my own car, otherwise if I get any taller or bigger, I'm going to be squished too death sitting next to you, Dad." Asena commented, causing him and Emily to laugh.

Asena dramatically sighed in relief when they pulled up outside their first stop for the "date." Sam quickly opened the door for the two girls, before he lead them to the perfect booth. When they sat down, a waitress came to give them menus and get their drink orders. Asena looked up from her menu for a moment and seen the waitress staring at Emily's scars while getting the drink orders. Once she had the orders, Asena picked up her head with a sickeningly sweet smile and turned to the waitress. She knew Emily felt selfconscious, and she also knew if anyone stared, Sam would become uncomfortable.

"If you keep staring, I'm going to take this fork and stick it in your eye to give you something else to stare at." Asena said sweetly, causing the waitress to blush and walk away.

"Asena--" Emily began, but Sam cut her off with a laugh.

"You sure are something, Asena." He commented, causing his daughter to smirk.

The waitress brought the drinks and completely avoided eye contact while she got the food order.

"I think you scared her." Emily commented, and Asena smirked.

"Well, at least she learned the first time. If I had to say something again, I was going to have to stand up." Asena replied, causing Sam to smirk slightly as well.

The trio ate their lunch, before Emily decided it was time for them to go get Asena's ears pierced. Asena was excited, since she was going to be going to school with a somewhat new look. Once her ears were pierced, Emily wanted to go to the fair that was in Port Angeles. Asena was excited, since she had also never went to a fair before. There were many things she hadn't done in her life, but it seemed Emily was going to make them happen. Asena couldn't deny that she liked Emily more and more as the day went on...

×××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. The second part of the date is the next chapter.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx