Chapter Twelve

Asena and Carolyn had been friends for a couple of months now

Asena and Carolyn had been friends for a couple of months now. Jacob wasn't happy about their friendship, but he didn't say anything to them. He didn't want to make Sam mad at him, otherwise he would've said something. If Sam was mad at him, he would get into trouble with his father. He wanted to look like a saint in his father's eyes, even though sometimes that was easier said than done.

"Paul hasn't been to school in a few days. Jacob said he hasn't heard from him either." Carolyn commented, while she and Asena headed to study hall, which was right before lunch.

"Does Jacob know why?" Asena asked, but Carolyn shook her head.

"No, Jacob said Paul wouldn't tell him anything. Apparently, Paul has been way more secretive this year than he has ever been." Carolyn replied, and Asena smiled slightly.

"Well, I hope he and Jacob work out whatever tiff theyre having, even if I still don't like Jacob." Asena commented, causing Carolyn to smile as well.

Asena and Carolyn were working on their math assignments, which weren't really that hard, since Asena was really good at math. She didn't like it that much, but she was still really good at it. Actually, the girl seemed to be really good at all subjects, even though she didn't study much for any of them.

"Do you want to come over for the weekend?"Asena asked, and Carolyn shrugged,"Dad and Emily have been pestering me about meeting my new friend, since they weren't big fans of Taylor." Asena commented, causing Carolyn to laugh slightly.

"I'll text mom and ask her. She'll probably answer me back before lunch." Carolyn replied, and Asena nodded with a smile.

Asena had wanted to invite Carolyn over for a while, but she was worried about how Taylor or Jacob would react. Taylor had tried to sleep with Jacob, but Jacob had heard of all the boys Taylor slept with, so he declined and has avoided her ever since. Taylor has tried to talk to Asena, but Asena has avoided the girl as well. When Taylor realized that Asena was friends with Carolyn, Taylor tried to spread rumors that Asena was doing steroids like Sam, though neither of them had ever used steroids in their life. Jacob wasn't happy with the girls being friends, but he got over it for the most part. Taylor hasn't seemed to get over it yet.

"Don't look now, but Taylor us glaring at you." Carolyn murmured, causing Asena to glance up from her math book.

Taylor had in fact been glaring at Asena, but Asena didn't seem to care. Asena just wanted to get over the entire Taylor fiasco, though Taylor didn't seem to get the memo. Taylor almost seemed obsessed with Asena, which made the girl feel a little weirded out. Anywhere Asena went, Taylor tried to follow. The only time Asena didn't see Taylor was at home, and she knew that Taylor wasn't around her house, since Sam and Jared never caught her scent. Both knew Taylor's scent, so they would've caught it if she was around when she wasn't supposed to be.

"Mom agreed. I'll have a bag packed later tonight, and I'll have her bring me over--" She began, but Asena cut her off.

"Oh, Emily will pick you up. She knows where Billy lives, so she'll swing by to get you whenever you're ready." Asena said, and Carolyn smiled.

Asena and Carolyn went to lunch soon after, and Asena glanced over to see that Jacob, Embry, and Quil were still looking for Paul at lunch. The three boys seemed to not want to give up on Paul being around, even though it seemed he wasn't going to be showing up for a while. Asena honestly wondered where he was, as well as hoping that he wasn't ill. She didn't know him well, but she would never wish sickness on anyone, except maybe Taylor, if Taylor didn't stop trying to start drama for Asena.

Hours had went by, and soon it was time for everyone to go home. As soon as Asena went home and told Emily and Sam that Carolyn could come and stay the weekend, they seemed happy for the girl. Sam was proud that she had made a friend, especially one that wasn't like Taylor. He wouldn't say he hated Taylor, since hate was such a harsh word, but he could definitely say he disliked the girl immensely, so did Jared, and so did Emily, after the many stories Sam, Jared, and Asena told her about the teenager.

"Anything happen with Taylor today?" Emily asked, causing the younger girl to shrug.

"Not really. I mean, she's following me around and won't stop glaring at me, but she hasn't started any drama in the last few days." Asena replied, and Emily nodded.

"Maybe she's realized that the drama isn't getting your attention or causing you as many problems as she had hoped." Emily commented, making the girl smirk.

"She's caused her own problems every time she's tried to start a rumor. Almost everyone has heard about her trying to get with Jacob. They heard about it, after she tried to tell everyone that I was on steroids." Asena said, causing Emily to laugh lightly.

"When will that girl learn that starting rumors about you doesn't get her very far." Emily murmured, and Asena shrugged once again.

"I don't know, but I do want to know how she thought anyone would believe I was on steroids. I don't even look that strong." Asena commented, as she flexed her little muscles.

"You're strong, Asena, just nowhere near your dad and Jared." She replied, and Asena nodded with a smirk. 

Asena hoped Taylor would leave her alone soon, but she knew she wasn't going to get her wish. Taylor never seemed to leave things alone, and Asena had learned that the hard way. When they were younger, Taylor believed one of their teachers was a child predator, so she spread rumors for months. Turns out the teacher wasn't a child predator, but she quit her job because of how much stress Taylor caused her. Asena hoped Taylor didn't cause her the same amount of stress, otherwise she would have to do something more than just ignore Taylor...

××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, this one was a little boring, but she can't meet Paul in like ten chapters, ya know? She'll meet him soon though, maybe by chapter fifteen or so.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx