Chapter Forty Six

A few weeks had passed, and Asena had finally mastered talking to the pack while phased

        A few weeks had passed, and Asena had finally mastered talking to the pack while phased. She had also almost mastered phasing at anytime, and soon she hoped she would be able to phase completely without pain. It still somewhat hurt, so she wasn't quite there yet, no matter how bad she wanted to be. Since she had practically mastered phasing and talking in mindlink, Sam had decided she was able to go on patrols if she had wanted to go.

        Asena decided she wouldn't unless she was absolutely needed, since she wanted to help Emily more with the twins. After Kai had started calling Asena his mother, Hazel caught on quick to it as well, and she started to call Asena her mother as well. Often times, the pack would hear the twins screaming "Mama" or "Dada" when Asena or Paul walked into the room. Though, a good bit of the time, the twins favorite word was "no," especially when it came to bedtime or when they had to get a bath.

"Jacob should be phasing soon. He showing all of the signs. We just have to wait and see how long it takes." Sam announced, as he walked into the kitchen.

"At least he'll be able to stay at his own home without his step mother or step sister suspecting anything." Jared commented, and Sam nodded.

"Billy said they think it's puberty, and he hasn't told them otherwise. He did say Carolyn has a feeling he's going to disappear on her and Quil like Embry did, but we can't discuss much of it with her, so she's just going to have to keep assuming." Sam added, causing Asena to frown.

      Though she hadn't talked to Carolyn in a while, she still felt bad for the girl, especially now that the girl could potentially be losing her step brother as well. Technically, she wouldn't be losing him if he was still going to be living in the same house as her, but he wasn't going to be the same Jacob she knew before, that was for sure.

"Will we be telling him about Asena?" Embry asked, and Sam nodded.

"She's a part of the pack. Besides, she'll have to phase often, so he'll catch on eventually." Sam answered, looking over at Embry.

"And the twins?" Emily asked, causing Sam to look over at her.

"We tell him," Sam sighed,"but we tell him that the twins are Asena and Paul's. We do not tell him about their birth mother. If he asks about the girl that Taylor had confront Paul and Asena, we'll tell him that Tara was just one of Taylor's crazy friends." He said, and the others nodded.

      Honestly, Paul liked that idea better than any other, and so did Asena. Paul would rather everyone believe the twins were his and Asena's for real, instead of Asena's by adoption. Honestly, they kind of looked like her, so if anybody would've looked at her and the twins, they'd believe she was their birth mother. Paul wished she was, but since she wasn't, he was going to relish in the fact that she was more their mother than their birth mother ever was and Asena always will be there mother.

"It's getting close to time for the twins to go to bed. I think I might change into my pajamas and go to bed with them." Asena commented, but Sam shook his head.

"No, I have a feeling tonight is the night." He replied, causing her to sigh.

"Fine, but if he isn't phased by ten, I'm going to bed. I'm not staying up for him, not when he was such a bully to me before. I don't see why I should even be around to help him." Asena said, as Sam sighed.

"I know, but he needs to meet the entire pack, which includes you, Asena. Please, trust me on this." Sam answered, making her give him a little nod.

      When eight o'clock came, Asena carried the twins upstairs for bed. She quickly gave them a bath and rubbed lavender lotion on them, which helped them sleep better and longer at night. When she was finished with the lotion, she dressed them in cute sleepers and laid them in their cribs. One at a time, she fixed their bottles that they would drink before bed. She was able to finish feeding them and was able to sit and make sure they had both fallen asleep, before she heard word from Sam that Jacob had finally phased.

"Took him long enough, drama queen." She murmured to herself, as she walked down the stairs.

       Paul and Asena waited at the tree line for the others, as they taught Jacob how to phase back into his human form. It took him almost three hours, which irked Asena, but she knew it wasn't easy to turn back into a human, she was just tired and irritable, so she wanted Jacob to hurry up. When he came out of the woods in only shorts with the others, he looked at Paul and Asena with confused eyes.

"Why weren't they out there with us?" Jacob asked, looking over at Sam.

"I wanted them out here, just in case you got angry and were able to pass us. I knew you'd never be able to pass them." Sam answered, causing the couple to smirk.

"Welcome to the pack, Jake." Embry commented, a smile on his face.

"I wasn't expecting you to be a part of the pack, not to be rude or anything." Jacob said, as he looked over at Asena.

"Honestly? Neither did I, until I woke up and was a werewolf. I'm pretty much the strongest of the pack, other than Dad." She replied, causing him to chuckle.

"When will I learn more about the pack and Asena's werewolf thing?" Jacob asked, making Sam nod slightly.

"In the morning. For now, everyone should head to bed. Jacob, your father is waiting for you. He's going to give you an alibi for why you were out so late, but you're going to have to figure out your own soon enough." Sam said, and Jacob nodded as well.

       Jacob split ways from the pack, before Asena and Paul headed up stairs. Asena was glad she could finally get some rest. Knowing Jacob was now a part of the pack was going to weigh on her mind, but she hoped it wouldn't cause her too many problems...

××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, there will be a few time skips, mostly to carry on with the story and not make it long and boring. I want progression, not boring updates.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx