Chapter Forty

*Sam's Dream*

     Sam found himself back in Asena's old home where her parents lived. His eyebrows furrowed when he heard a noise in the kitchen. Slowly making his way into the kitchen, he stopped in his tracks when he seen the man sitting at the kitchen table.

"Sam, I haven't seen you in a long time. How's our girl?" He asked, causing Sam to sigh.

"She's in the hospital, Mark. They're saying she isn't going to make it. I-I failed. She was in an accident, and now I'm going to lose her." Sam answered, making Markus frown.

"Sam Uley, do you not remember the story I told you the one time you stayed over after having a fight with your mother?" He asked, and Sam shook his head.

"I did that a lot, and you told me plenty of stories." Sam said, causing Markus to chuckle and nod.

"Yes, I did. You were the son I always wanted, Maria too. You're the perfect father for Asena, and you've made my wife and I very proud." Markus commented, and Sam frowned.

"How? She's hurt--she's dying." Sam retorted, making Markus sigh.

"I didn't think you'd forget, you found the story so amazing. It reminded you of the Quillete legends you heard as a boy," Markus murmured, before he ran his fingers through his hair,"You should remember that I was adopted into the Robins family when I was only five years old. My family had been killed and I was the only one left. When I was fifteen years old, my mother and I were in a house fire and I almost died from burns and smoke inhalation. When they took me off life support, my body began to fade, but then the moment my heart stopped, everything healed itself and I was alive again. My body had healed itself, but I was cursed with turning into a werewolf every full moon,"Markus began,"I later learned I could turn when I wanted, since my birth father was a hybrid. I had gotten the ability to turn whenever I wanted from his hybrid ability. He had been turned into a hybrid a year before I had been conceived. His maker was the person who killed them," He finished, looking up at Sam.

"So, you're saying..." Sam trailed off, making sure he heard Markus right.

"Yes, if Asena's taken off life support and her heart stops, she will wake up again. She will be healed, and she will be a werewolf." Markus stated, and Sam nodded.

*End of Sam's Dream*

    Sam woke with a jump, causing Emily to wake as well. She rubbed sleep from her eyes, before turning to her fiance.

"What's the matter?" She asked, her voice quiet.

"I have to get Asena out of that hospital." Sam stated, causing Emily to look at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"What? Why?" She asked, making the man sigh.

"She has to be moved here with Sue. We'll say it's the order of the elders or something," He murmured, before turning towards Emily,"I remembered a story Markus Robins told me about himself and his birth family. Markus was Asena's birth father, and his birth father was a hybrid. Markus was a werewolf, who turned when he had an accident and died. As soon as his heart had stopped, his body healed itself, and he woke up as a whole new person. Since his father was a hybrid, he could turn whenever he felt like it, so that means, Asena's werewolf gene will be triggered when she's taken off life support. She'll be back and alive, Emily. I'll have my daughter back, even if she's sort of like me in the end." Sam said, and Emily sighed.

"Sam, it's not going to be easy getting her out of the hospital. You'll have to get the elders to actually make a statement. Sue will have to prove that she can deal with everything here, or that we can, when we take her off of life support." Emily commented, making Sam nod.

"I know, and I'm going straight to Billy Black now." Sam replied, standing from the bed.

"Sam! It's the middle of the night!" Emily exclaimed, causing Sam to turn towards her.

"I know, but he'll understand. He'll want to help." He answered, before exiting their bedroom.

       As soon as he left the room, he went to Jared, Paul, and Embry; banging on each bedroom door and shouting for them to wake up.

"Get ready. We're going to Billy's." He announced, before he went back to his room and slipped on some shoes.

        The pack followed him out of the house and all the way to Billy Black's house. Sam knocked a bit harshly on the door, successfully waking Jacob Black. Jacob grumbled and walked to the door, and he was surprised when he seen Sam, Embry, Jared, and Paul standing outside of his house.

"What?" Jacob asked, crossing his arms.

"We need to take to Billy. We know how to save Asena." Sam stated, and Jacob nodded.

      Jacob had heard about Asena's accident, and he felt horrible that he had been so mean to the girl. He doubted they would ever be friends against, since she was part of Sam's cult, but he didn't want her to die either. She was a nice girl, for the most part, and Jacob didn't wish death on nobody.

"What do you need me to do, Sam?" Billy asked, causing Sam to sigh.

"I need you to make a statement from the elders that Asena is to be brought home to handle her inevitable end." Sam said, making Billy's eyebrows furrow.

"Sam, I thought--" Billy began, before Sam cut him off.

"Asena is different, Billy. She will wake again, I've been told by Mark. This isn't the end. This is just the beginning for all of us." Sam replied, making sure not to reveal much just in case Jacob was still around.

      Billy was a little hesitant at first, but he believed Sam. He was going to help the man, even if it meant getting his hands dirty. Sam didn't deserve to lose his daughter, and he knew the man was scared to lose her forever if she was in the hospital when her end came...

×××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, I wasn't sure how Sam would find out or "remember," but I figured a dream in his time of despair would work really well.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx