Chapter Sixteen

Sam had explained everything to Paul, so Paul knew exactly what imprinting was. When he realized he had imprinted on Asena Uley, he was not very happy. After what happened over the last year, he wanted nothing to do with imprinting. Sam had told him it was rare, so he was pissed when he realized he was one of the rare shifters to get an imprint. With a growl, Paul walked out of the pack house and slammed the door. Asena's eyebrows furrowed and she looked over at Emily. Honestly, Paul's reaction to meeting Asena, hurt Asena's feelings, and Emily could almost instantly tell Asena was hurt.

"Jared, go stall Sam for a second." Emily said, and Jared agreed.

Jared ran off and told Sam that Asena needed him to fix the squeak of her bedroom door. Asena's door did squeak, but it really wasn't that loud. Sam believed him though, so he grabbed a couple tools and WD-40 from the hallway closet, before walking over to the girl's room to fix her door. Jared ran down the stairs and told Emily he had him stalled, which Emily was thankful for.

"Why was Paul so rude?" Asena asked, causing Emily and Jared to frown.

"He's still having trouble adjusting to this lifestyle. I don't think he use to having another human around that knows the secret." Emily lied, and Jared nodded in agreement.

"He'll come around, I can almost promise you that. He won't be able to stay away long." Jared said, causing Emily to glare at him, as Asena looked at him with a confused face.

Asena could tell that Jared meant something totally different than the innocent words that came out of his mouth. She shrugged it off though, as he and Emily sat down at the table. Sam came down moments later and walked into the kitchen.

"I fixed your door like Jared asked, Asena." Sam said, and Asena smiled.

"Thanks, Dad." She replied, though she had really realized her door squeaked that loud.

"Where's Paul?" Sam asked, as he looked around the table.

"He had something--" Jared began, but Asena cut him off, knowing he was going to lie to Sam.

"He ran outside all angry. I don't know what his problem is, but he was rude." Asena said, as Jared stared at her with wide eyes.

Sam frowned hearing from Asena that Paul was rude to her. Sighing, Sam headed towards the door and opened it to go outside.

"Sam, maybe you should give him some time to calm down." Emily said, halting Sam at the door for a moment.

"No, I need to talk to him. He needs to understand that Asena lives here and I'm not going to tolerate anyone being rude to her." Sam stated, before he left the pack house as well.

The room was quiet for a moment, as they all stared at the door when Paul had left and later Sam.

"Well, Paul's dead." Jared commented, as he threw his hands up in the air dramatically and let them slap his thighs when they came down.

"What? Why?" Asena asked, her eyebrows furrowing once more.

"You know how protective Sam is, Asena." Jared replied, and Emily nodded in agreement.

Neither of them was telling Asena something and she knew it, but she didn't have a clue what they were hiding from her. She could tell they both knew, since they kept sharing glances between each other.

Meanwhile, Sam was outside and looking around for Paul. When he didn't see him at the front of the woods, Sam sighed and shifted into his wolf. As he walked into the woods to look for Paul, he felt himself grow angry. He knew now why Paul had ran out the door. Paul had imprinted on his daughter, and Sam was livid. Sam didn't know if he could trust the shifter around his daughter, not when he has such a temper problem.

Though Sam could see that Paul had imprinted, Paul had still figured out how to hide every thought he had about some of his secrets. He didn't want Sam knowing that a fight with his mother was the final straw that made him shift, or that his father use to be abusive when he was younger, so Paul's mother had sent him away.

"Paul!" Sam exclaimed, as he walked closer towards Paul.

"I didn't want an imprint. I didn't want that to happen." Paul murmured, as he paced back and forth.

"Well, I didn't want your imprint to be my daughter." Sam stated, glaring at the wolf in front of him.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Paul asked, full offence taken from Sam's words.

"You're a hothead, Lahote. If you got angry...I can't let anything happen to her." Sam said, watching Paul stop his pacing.

"I'm not dangerous. Yes, I get angry, but I'm not dangerous, Sam. I can't be. If I was, I can't--ugh!" Paul exclaimed, as he dug his claws into the dirt.

"We'll test just how safe you are when you go back to school on Monday." Sam commented, causing the boy to sigh.

"You think I'm ready for that?" Paul asked, and Sam nodded his big wolf head.

"I know I'm worried about you being around Asena, but I have a feeling you'd do better if you stayed around her during school." Sam said, though his words felt like acid to him.

"Sam, you just told me you didn't want her to be my imprint, I--" Paul began, before Sam cut him off.

"I don't, but that doesn't mean I want you freaking out, attacking half the school, and exposing our secret either." Sam replied, and Paul nodded.

"I have to apologize to her, don't I?" Paul asked, looking over at Sam.

"Of course, otherwise I wouldn't put it passed her to purposely piss you off at school to get under your skin. Apologize tomorrow. She'll be my eyes and ears while you're at school, so I need you both on good terms." Sam stated, before walking away from Paul.

Sam shifted back and headed towards the house, as Paul sat and thought about everything Sam had said. He wondered if he was really dangerous. He wouldn't allow himself to be, otherwise he could accidentally hurt them and he refused to hurt them...

××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, what should Paul's child be? I know you guys know, since Taylor had gossiped about it a few chapters ago.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx