Chapter Thirty Seven

"I have to go to the store

"I have to go to the store." Asena announced, as she walked into the kitchen.

"Take Embry with you. I need a few things from the grocery store, so I'll send him so he can help you." Emily said, and Asena nodded.

"Tell Dad I took Embry with me." She commented, before walking out of the house to get Embry.

       Embry had been sitting on the porch enjoying the breeze from the morning air, but when he seen Asena, he stood from his spot.

"C'mon, you and I are going to the store." Asena stated, as she walked towards her car.

       Embry climbed into her car, though he didn't know why she had chosen to bring him with her. Normally, he would see Asena bringing Paul everywhere with her, and a few times she took Jared. Asena had never brought him anywhere with her before, but he liked the change of scenery. He didn't get to do much besides go out into the woods for patrol and go to school sometimes. He didn't go as often, since he wanted to avoid Jacob, Quil, and Carolyn. He hadn't even spoken or looked at the three since his transformation, which would hurt anyone's feelings honestly.

"Emily sent a list for us to get, since I had to go to the store anyway." Asena commented, and Embry nodded.

      Asena had decided to shop in Port Angeles, since she was able to park her car to one side of the street, and still be able to get to every store she needed to get to, as well as the grocery store that was just down the road from the place she was parking her car.

"We have to stop at a couple stores, then we'll go grocery shopping. If you need anything while we're out, we can pick it up." Asena said, as she slipped her keys into her pocket.

       After getting out of the car, Asena led Embry to the first store she needed to go to. She had to pick up baby stuff for the twins, which consisted of diapers, wipes, more socks, and a few outfits. Embry laughed a few times when Asena got a bit carried away when finding cute new clothes.

"I think that's enough, Asena. You're going to spend every penny here if we don't leave." Embry commented, causing the girl to sigh.

"You're right." She replied, though she begrudgingly walked to the register to check out.

       Once they left the baby store, Asena and Embry brought all of the bags back to her car, before she went to a thrift shop to pick up some new clothes. She got clothes for herself, Paul, a couple things for Emily, Sam, and Jared, and she had Embry pick himself some stuff as well. Embry helped her bring the bags to her car, before they headed to the grocery store last.

"How much stuff are we getting here?" Embry asked, and Asena shrugged.

"Quite a few things, I think. The list just tells me a few things, and it says a few meals. It doesn't go into description." Asena replied, as she grabbed a shopping cart.

       Asena and Embry had practically ran through the entire store grabbing things Emily had needed from the store. Asena had gotten extra things as well, since she knew Emily would appreciate the extra food and stuff Asena had picked up. Once they had gotten everything, Asena paid for it all, and then the two brought all of the bags to her car.

"Do you want an iced coffee or anything? I do, so I'm going to go get one. You can come too if you want one." Asena said, and Embry shrugged.

      Embry hadn't had iced coffee before. His mother barely allowed him to have regular coffee, so the chance to try something new excited him a little. He followed behind her and followed her into the small coffee shop. Asena bought herself and Embry iced coffees, and Embry decided he'd carry them so Asena could pay, and unlock the car once they were near her car.

       On the walk to the car, the two heard other teenagers laughing and talking amongst each other, which made Embry feel just a little jealous. He wished he could go back and actually have fun like a teenager with his friends again. As the two walked to the car, Embry following behind Asena a bit slowly, they heard the squealing of tires. Asena and Embry looked over and seen a rather large SUV coming their way.

       Embry was barely able to step back, but Asena was not so lucky. In seconds, the SUV hit Asena, sending her tumbling over the top and hitting the road a moment later. Embry's eyes were wide, as he dropped the coffees and ran to Asena. The two people in the SuV jumped out and ran behind their vehicle to check on Asena.

"Asena! Asena can you hear me?!" Embry exclaimed, as he tried to get the girl to look at him.

"Oh my god! Is she dead?!" One of the girls exclaimed.

"Lauren, you're in so much trouble!" The other girl yelled.

"Call 911!" Lauren yelled out, seeing people starting to surround.

"She's still breathing. I can still see her chest going up and down. I think she's unconscious." A bystander said, whom was an older woman, a bit older than Emily Young.

     The woman walked over and laid her fingers on Asena's neck, checking her pulse. Blood was coming from the back of Asena's head, as well as many other places on her body. Her clothes were soaked with her blood in mere seconds, which scared the hell out of Embry.

"Don't move her at all, she may have damage to her neck or back. You could paralyze her, cause more damage, or possibly even kill her if you try to move her on your own." The woman stated, and Embry nodded warily.

        This was the first time Embry had ever went out shopping with Asena, and he refused to do it ever again. He was beyond scared and worried at this point. He wasn't sure what was going to happen to Asena, or how badly she was hurt. The minutes it took for the ambulance to arrive with police felt like hours. The thing that scared Embry most was knowing he had to call Sam and tell him what happened...

×××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, I have decided to add my own little twists in very soon. Also, sorry for waiting to update this story for a few days, though I said I was going to update like Thursday or Friday last week I think. I will be trying to have this story completed by Christmas, or New Years at the latest.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx