Chapter Forty Three

The pack had gotten everything together for Asena's first full moon. Once she learned how to shift at any time, a full moon wouldn't really effect her. Yes, she would still have to shift in the beginning, but after a couple years, she wouldn't have to if she didn't want to. The pack had gotten Asena a bag of clothes together, as well as a thick blanket, just in case she was too weak from her first shift to be able to dress herself. Technically, Paul could help her dress since he was her imprint, but everyone knew Sam would never allow that to happen.

"You should eat. You'll need all the strength you can get before you have to shift." Emily commented, causing Asena to frown.

      Asena became more nervous and anxious as the days grew closer and closer to the full moon. She didn't want to shift, especially since she knew it would hurt. Sure, the accident hurt like hell, but having every bone in your body continously break and grow over and over until the body was the size of a wolf, wasn't exactly less pain than getting hit by a car. Matter of fact, she figured it probably hurt more than childbirth, but she didn't plan on finding that out anytime soon, if at all.

"I want to get books or some type of information on werewolves like me." Asena said, as she looked over at Sam.

"I'll have Billy look into it. If he finds any books he'll send them to you. If he doesn't, he'll just tell you the information he's learned from his research." Sam replied, and Asena nodded.

     Asena wanted to do the research on her own, but she knew she had to be careful. The pack had went through many precautions to keep her safe, so she needed to do the same for them. If it was up to her though, she would be able to sneak about without having to worry about any humans finding out about her. She knew humans were nosy though, so she couldn't get very far because of them.

"I bought you some workout clothes, so you won't have to be uncovered in front of everyone." Emily commented, and Asena smiled.

"Thank you, but there's not much I can do about that. I mean, I'll probably be shifting often, if I want to get to the point where it doesn't hurt anymore." Asena replied, causing Emily to smile lightly, as the others chuckled.

"I doubt you'd like for them to see anything, at least, until you get comfortable with shifting at least a little bit." Emily said, and Asena nodded with a chuckle.

"You're probably right." She answered, causing Emily to chuckle as well.

      Once Asena had eaten enough, or at least, enough for Emily's liking, she ran upstairs to change into one of the outfits Emily had gotten her. Apparently Emily knew they would tear often, so she bought multiple of every outfit, just in different colors. Asena didn't see the point in the clothes being in different colors if they were just going to tear, but she figured once she was use to shifting, the clothes could always be used for when she shifted back to human form.

"Why did you get sandals to go with it?" Asena asked, as she walked down the stairs

"They came with it, I didn't just buy them." Emily replied, shrugging her shoulders.

"So much skin." Sam murmured, and Asena smiled mischievously.

"It's very minimal right now." She commented, causing Sam to roll his eyes.

       Asena and Paul sat in the living room with the twins for a while, since the twins hadn't had as much time with Asena recently. After her accident, she had been quite busy with the pack, so she didn't have much time with the twins, other than at meal times and bedtime.

"We should have a day out again." Asena commented, and Paul shrugged.

"There's a bonfire in a few weeks. We could always go to that as a family." He replied, causing Asena to nod.

"That'll be the most I can do for a while, since Dad said it wouldn't be easy for me to hide in public." Asena answered, making Paul furrow his eyebrows.

"How are you going to go to school?" He asked, causing her to shrug.

"I guess Dad will figure that out himself." She replied, causing him chuckle.

       After an hour or so, Sam came into the living room to grab Paul and Asena. He lead the pack to the middle of the woods where no one would hear Asena if she screamed from the pain. Sam had a feeling she would, which made his stomach fill with dread. When the moon started hitting its peak, Asena fell to the ground panting. She felt like her body was on fire. She was sweating, and everything was beginning to hurt.

"It'll all be over soon." Paul commented, before he, Jared, and Embry phased into their wolves.

      Asena cried out when she felt her bones begin to break. Everyone winced when they heard her cries and the cracks of her bones. Her eyes flashed the golden yellow of her wolf, but she was still in a lot of pain. A loud scream left her lips when her spine and ribs began to crack and grow.

"You have to accept your wolf, Asena. Once you accept it, it'll go a bit faster." Sam said, as he held her crying face in his hands.

"It hurts, Dad." She cried, her voice barely audible.

"I know, but you're strong, Asena. You can do this. I believe in you, my daughter." He replied, kissing the top of her head.

      Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath before another scream left her lips. What felt like hours later, Asena's screams had stopped. Sam quickly phased into his wolf, before the pack were standing around a large wolf. She wasn't larger than them, actually she was about the same size, but she was beautiful...

 She wasn't larger than them, actually she was about the same size, but she was beautiful

××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. This is what I picture Asena's wolf to look like. She is a complete white wolf, which in turn, puts her as Sam's pup, since he's completely black. It's like a father-daughter thing, ya know? What do you guys think?

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx