Chapter Forty Seven

Jacob had been rather moody around the pack house. He often times tried to stay in his room at Billy's, locked away and feeling sorry for himself. Obviously, Sam didn't allow that to happen. He made Jacob patrol with the others, as well as learn to control his anger and phasing. If he couldn't control it, he wouldn't be allowed to go to school. Jacob still spent most of his time in his room when he wasn't stuck with the pack, or over at the pack house eating with everyone else.

         The twins weren't very fond of Jacob at first, especially since he was so moody, but they learned to be around him with his moodiness. He had accidentally told everyone that his moodiness was from not being able to see Bella Swan. Asena thought it was stupid, since everyone knew Bella wasn't Jacob's imprint, but she didn't say anything. She let him complain about Bella, but after a while it got more annoying, so she just ignored him completely after a while.

        A few weeks had passed, and Jacob was still a bit furious about being a wolf. He did find Asena's story a bit fascinating--other than the part where she had to "die" to become a werewolf--but the story behind it was pretty fascinating to him. He also found it interesting that Asena's wolf was all white and Sam's wolf was all black, it was like they were meant to be father and daughter. Jacob wondered if it was from their bond, or if the connection was simply meant to be.

        Jacob was upset that he had to leave behind Quil, but he knew that Quil would join the pack like he did later on. He didn't know how long it would take for Quil to join, but he hoped Quil would join soon. What Jacob didn't know, was that Asena and Paul had heard Quil calling for Jacob and Embry in the woods more than once, but they made sure he never approached them and they never approached him, especially in their wolf forms.

       Asena knew it hurt Quil to have his friends leave him behind without any explanation, since it hurt her like hell when Sam and Jared were keeping secrets from her. She remembered seeing Bella go to Billy's often to try and find Jacob, but one day stuck out in her mind the most. A couple of weeks had passed since Jacob had phased, and he was still a bit unsure of himself. Bella had pushed herself into Billy's house and was finally able to confront Jacob.

       When she was back outside in the rain, she confronted Jacob for leaving her behind. He told her to go home, that he didn't want to see her anymore, and that he was dangerous. She didn't understand and she cried about it, but she was even more pissed when she had seen Jacob run off with Embry, Paul, and Asena. The pack had been more active, since they could sense the redhead vampire around their land.

        A couple of weeks after Jacob's phasing, the pack had seen how well Asena fought against a vampire. She was quite fast and strong, but still, none of them were able to grab the redhead. When they did grab a vampire, it was one that Bella Swan had been talking to. The pack found him, and he ran to get away. Asena had grabbed him first, slamming him to the ground harshly. He kicked her as hard as he could, causing her to cry out and let him go. Paul and Sam grabbed him, but Asena had quickly regenerated and tore his head off of his body.

        After her handy work, Sam and the rest of the pack had agreed that Asena was more than capable of fighting against vampires with them. So, she was given patrol sometimes, but not as often as the others, since she wanted to spread her time evenly between the pack and the twins. She didn't want the twins to feel neglected because their mother and father spent so much time in the woods trying to find vampires.

"The twins are learning to talk more and more. Soon they'll be able to talk to us in full sentences." Emily commented, and Asena nodded.

"I know, and that excites me honestly. They're getting older so fast." Asena replied, a smile evident on her face.

"Sam is finally accepting the fact that you're now their mother, rather you birthed them or not." Emily said, smiling to herself.

"I hoped he would. I never wanted to disappoint him, and I felt like I did when Kai had called me mom for the first time."  Asena commented, causing Emily to frown.

"You could never disappoint Sam, Asena. You're his daughter, he loves you, and he could never be disappointed in you. He thinks nothing you do is disappointing. You could never do anything wrong in his eyes." Emily replied, as she placed a comforting hand on top of Asena's hand.

"I also don't want to be a disappointing mother either. I mean, what if the twins grow up and hate me for not being good enough?" Asena voiced, causing Emily to laugh.

"I'm sorry, but that would never happen," Emily began, her voice full of amusement,"They love you, Asena. You're the best person in their lives. You and Paul are raising extraordinary children. You could never be a failure in their eyes. Honestly, they idolize you. Even though they still babble a lot, they babble to each other and to others about their mom and dad. You two are all they babble about, but between you and me, you're the one they babble about just a little bit more." Emily said, and Asena smiled to herself.

       Asena was always worried about disappointing her father, the twins, the pack, and Paul, but hearing such words leave Emily's mouth made Asena feel better about herself. She didn't have to worry about disappointing anyone, if everyone loved her as much as she loved them. She would never ask for a better family in her life....

×××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, this chapter is a bit of a filler, but also was written to cover things that happened that weren't too significant and needed to be added before the next time skip. QUICK QUESTION: Have I given the twins a first birthday yet? I can't remember.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx