Chapter Twenty Seven

Asena and Paul were lounging on the couch together, as the twins sat on the floor in front of them

Asena and Paul were lounging on the couch together, as the twins sat on the floor in front of them. The twins were good at sitting up on their own, so Asena and Paul were waiting on the twins to finally learn to crawl. Asena had turned on a music video channel, which played mostly alternative, rock, and rap music. A few times it played pop, r&b, or other types of music, but not often. The couple watched the twins dance when they liked a song that started to play on the tv, which made the couple laugh.

As the couple were watching the twins, Emily was cooking and Sam was fixing shelves in the kitchen. Jared had went on a run, deciding to take a quick patrol, since it was the pack's day off and he had a bit of pent up energy that he wanted to run off. He soon came back to the pack house though, knowing Emily would have food done within a hour and he didn't want to miss it. When he walked inside of the pack house, he dramatically groaned as he looked around at everyone in the pack house.

"Everyone is so couple-y today. I'm so alone." Jared complained, causing Paul and Sam to chuckle.

"Jared, could you go to the store for me and pick up some things?" Asena asked, causing the boy to cross his arms.

"Why? Couldn't Paul do it?" He asked, a pout on his lips.

"Yes, he could, but if you go, you might find yourself a girlfriend. I'll take credit for the relationship, by the way, if you actually find yourself a girlfriend." Asena said, causing Paul to smirk, and Jared to roll his eyes.

"Fine, what do you need?" Jared asked, making the girl smile.

Asena reached into her back pocket, and pulled out a small piece of paper with a few different things written on it. Jared took the paper from her fingers, before turning around and walking out of the pack house once again.

"What are you getting?" Paul asked, looking down at his girlfriend.

"Snacks and things that I've been meaning to pick up for myself for a while. I'll share with you and the twins of course, which is why I put a number by each thing on the list." Asena replied, smiling at her boyfriend.

While Asena and Paul talked, Jared began to look through the isles at the store to find everything on Asena's list. He grabbed quite a few of everything, which made him wonder just how much Asena ate. His eyes widened for a moment thinking Asena was secretly pregnant, but he shook his head with a chuckle, since he knew she wasn't that reckless of a person, especially since she and Paul already had two babies to take care of.

After grabbing everything he needed, as well as a few extra things that he thought looked good or he believed Asena would like, he walked over to a register to checkout. After placing some of the things down to be rung up--not everything would fit on the belt at one time--he looked over at the girl ringing up the items. His eyes widened when he seen just how beautiful the girl was, but he tried not to stare since he didn't want to be a creep. After placing the rest of the groceries on the belt, he pulled his cart forward to put the bags inside of it. The girl looked up at him with a smile, and her eyes caught his for a moment. His breath hitched when he realized that he had just imprinted on the girl in front of him.

"Hello, I'm Jared." Jared commented, a boyish grin on his face.

"I'm Kim." The girl replied, smiling back at him.

"You're really pretty." Jared blurted out, causing Kim's eyes to widen.

"T-thank you." She murmured, her cheeks heating up.

"Could I get your number? I-I'd like to get to know you." He asked, and she smiled.

When Jared got back to the pack house, he ran straight inside and hugged Asena. Asena hugged him back, laughing slightly since he had caught her off guard. She didn't know why he was acting this way, but by the smile on his face, she knew whatever it was it was amazing.

"I found her!" Jared exclaimed, causing Paul and Asena to look up at him.

"Really? What's her name? Where'd you find her?" Asena asked, smiling at her friend.

"Yes, her name is Kim and she's a cashier at the store. She gave me her number, and we're going to get to know each other." Jared said, a smile on his face.

He and Paul decided to carry in all of the groceries quickly, so that Jared could sit and "gossip" with Asena about Kim. Asena was a bit excited to hear about Kim, especially since Jared seemed so excited to tell her everything about the girl that he knew so far. Once all of the groceries were inside and put away in Asena's cabinet, which Sam had built next to the refrigerator when she was thirteen, Jared and Paul walked back into the living room. The twins had fallen asleep on the floor, so they had to be somewhat quiet as they talked.

"So, tell me about her." Asena said, turning towards Jared.

"She's really pretty. She has long, dark hair. Her eyes are like chocolate, and she has the prettiest smile." Jared gushed, and he smiled the entire time.

Asena smiled at her friend, listening to him talk about his perfect girlfriend. Asena still didn't know anything really about imprinting, since she and Paul hadn't talked about it, so she didn't know that Kim was Jared's imprint. Paul knew he'd have to tell her soon, since he could tell she was a little suspicious about how fast Jared had caught feelings for a girl he just met. Paul hoped the talk wouldn't cause any tension between the two...

××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. I'll have another chapter up in about an hour.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx