Chapter Fifty Three

The Cullens were shocked when they seen the white wolf, and they heard from Edward that it was Asena. Carlisle remembered Asena Uley, and she wasn't a shapeshifter when he had last seen her. She also didn't have the same bloodline as the shapeshifters from the Quillete tribe either. For the day, the pack had to listen to Jasper give them information about newborns, as well as tips on how to defeat them.

        The pack also had to watch the Cullens spar against each other, which disappointed Asena. She had wanted to train in combat as well, though she was stronger than everyone else since she was a werewolf. She wondered if Jasper could feel her strength compared to everyone else, since he was a soldier in a war. She didn't care enough to listen to which war, but she did listen to the part where he said he was a major in the war.

"It would be better if you all became familiar with our scent." Jasper said, causing the pack to slowly disperse.

       They walked around the Cullens and sniffed them. Asena's nose scrunched at their scents, since they all smelt sickly sweet and like death. Of course, each Cullen had a little bit of a different scent, at least to Asena they did. Rosalie smelt like lavender, Alice smelt like vanilla, Esme smelt like cookies, Carlisle smelt sterile like a clean hospital room, Emmett smelt like a dark cologne, Jasper smelt like books and parchment, and Edward smelt like the woods--and disappoint, Asena added in her head, which caused the pack to chuckle.

"I wonder if I smell like you guys or not." Asena commented, knowing Edward could read her mind.

"No, you smell different from them." Edward replied, as he looked towards her.

"You still smell like wet dog." Rosalie said, though she tried not to sound so mean, since the pack had agreed to help keep them alive.

"You smell different though, like we can still smell your human scent. You don't just smell like wet dog. You smell like baby powder, cherries, and coconut." Alice commented, and the others agreed.

"She has two babies, that's probably why she smells like baby powder to you guys." Bella murmured, causing Asena and Paul to growl.

"You shouldn't have mentioned their children. That's there business, not ours." Rosalie stated, and Bella placed herself behind Edward away from Rosalie.

       Though she didn't want to change her stance, Rosalie felt a little less hatred towards Asena and Paul since they were parents. She wished she could have children, so she was envious of them, but she didn't want anything to hurt them since they had kids waiting on them at home. She knew Asena was Sam's daughter, so she was a little envious of him, but she was definitely envious of Paul and Asena, since their kids were most likely babies, and they'd be able to watch them grow from babies to adults, as well as grow old together like she wished she and Emmett could do.

"That's the end of the training for today. We'll do a few more lessons before the battle." Carlisle announced, and the wolves slowly dispersed into the trees.

"A-Asena!" Rosalie called, her voice a little unsure.

      Asena and Paul looked at each other, before Asena turned back around and walked out of the woods and came face to face with Rosalie Hale. Rosalie was a beautiful blonde, whom Asena would openly be jealous of if she wasn't happy with herself.

"I'm sorry for what Bella said, and I want to say congratulations on the children, even if it's way late. I-I always wanted my own children, but obviously I can't have any of my own." Rosalie said, feeling a little uncomfortable since Asena couldn't talk back to her.

       Asena looked up at Edward, giving him direct eye contact.

"She wants an outfit to change into so she can talk to you." Edward said, and Rosalie quickly nodded.

         Rosalie came back minutes later with clothes and a pair of boots. She handed the items to Asena and allowed Asena to quickly change in the woods, as she stood guard to keep anyone from seeing the girl without any clothe on. Once Asena was dressed, she stepped out of the woods to talk to Rosalie.

"Alice had picked out the outfit as soon as she heard Edward say you wanted clothes." Rosalie said, as she glanced over Asena's new outfit.

"They're nice," Asena replied, before sighing lightly,"Truth be told Rosalie, I'm not sure if I'll ever have more children

"They're nice," Asena replied, before sighing lightly,"Truth be told Rosalie, I'm not sure if I'll ever have more children." She murmured, causing Rosalie's eyebrows to furrow.

     Asena refused to let anyone know the twins weren't hers by blood. She never even thought about it anymore, since she loved them as if she had birthed them.

"Why?" Rosalie asked, making Asena sigh.

"I know you might not believe it, but I'm a werewolf. My birth father was the son of a hybrid, so I turn at the full moon and whenever I want, thanks to the hybrid blood that passed it down. For me to be a werewolf, my heart had to stop to trigger the curse. I was hit by an SUV and put on life support, so Dad took me off life support and let my heart stop at home so I could come back alive and fixed. My heart doesn't beat as fast as it use to, and I don't know if all of my stuff still works the same, so I don't know if I'll ever have more children." Asena explained, causing Rosalie to frown.

"I'm sorry, but I'm glad you felt that you could confide in me. If it wasn't for the stupid feud between the vampires and wolves, I think we could've been good friends." Rosalie commented, and Asena nodded.

"Honestly, Rosalie, if it was up to me, we would be friends. You're the only Cullen I don't despise--so far. Jasper may be a second one, if he let's me train." Asena said, causing Rosalie to laugh lightly.

"Asena, let's be friends in another world." She murmured, causing Asena to smile.

"Friends in another world," Asena replied, before she turned to leave,"Until we meet again." She voiced, then disappeared into the woods.

      Rosalie never believed she'd be friends with a wolf, but sometimes things changed for the better from little things...

×××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, I've decided Rosalie and Asena may have a somewhat small friendship, and I'm contemplating her and Jasper. Let me know what you guys think.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx