Chapter Five

Asena had lied when she told Jared she'd call Sam. Well, she didn't actually lie, but she didn't tell him the entire truth either. Instead of calling Sam right away, she walked down the hall and continued until she found the cafeteria. She smirked to herself when she seen there was a Starbucks in the cafeteria. Slipping a ten dollar bill from her pocket, she ordered herself a butterbeer frappuccino, since she really didn't know what to get, but she knew she adored Harry Potter. She also bought a Draco Malfoy refresher, since she wanted to try both drinks.

Once she had bought her drinks, she found a secluded corner of the hospital with a large windowsill. She sat on the windowsill and pulled her legs to her chest, as she drank her first drink. As she sat there, she grabbed her earbuds from her pocket and plugged them into her phone to play music. She needed time to think before she called Sam. Nirvana rang through her ears, as she closed her eyes and laid her head back against the wall.

When the song ended, she felt as though she had the energy to finally call Sam. She had finished her butterbeer drink, and now she was on her Draco refresher. She threw away her one cup, before sitting back down and dialing Sam's number. Her heart pounded in her chest as she listened to the phone ring, and her breath caught in her throat when she heard him answer the phone.

"Asena." He said, his voice sounding relieved when he had realized she had finally called him.

"Where are you?" She asked, but she didn't get an answer.

"Jared told me about Emily." Sam commented, causing the girl to scowl.

"Dad, where are you? Why aren't you here checking on her yourself?" She questioned, making Sam sigh.

"I can't be there, Asena. I'm sorry." He replied, though she didn't know he was near the hospital, only he was in the woods.

"Why not? What aren't you and Jared telling me? Why are you both lying to me?" She asked, and he could hear how upset the girl was.

Sam was almost certain the girl was close to crying, and he was right. Asena was trying hard to keep the tears at bay, at least until she was off of the phone.

"Asena, I--we're not--" He tried to find an excuse, but she quickly cut him off.

"Yes you are! I know you are! Why are you lying?" She asked, finally letting the tears fall.

"Asena..." He trailed off, causing the girl to let out a quiet sob which broke his heart.

"Please, just tell me." She cried, but he stayed quiet.

He couldn't tell her, at least, not over the phone. The secret was too hard for him to explain over the phone. He was going to have to tell him, and the only way he'd be able to do that is at home. He didn't want to be around her or Emily in fear of hurting them, like he had already hurt Emily, but he wasn't going to emotionally hurt his daughter anymore either. He was going to have to make a choice, even if he didn't like it. He was going to avoid Emily, but there wasn't any way he was going to avoid his daughter.

"I have to go." She murmured, her voice cracking lightly.

Sam tried to talk, but she ended the call before he could say anything else. She buried her face in her knees, as she wrapped her arms around her legs and cried. While she was crying, Sam called Jared to ask about Asena. When he found out she wasn't back in the room, Sam sent Jared looking for her. He told his friend that she was crying and Jared needed to find her before she did something crazy like run away or something drastic like that.

"I have to find her. I'll be back as soon as I can with her, Emily." Jared said, before he quickly left the room.

He didn't want to breath in too hard knowing he'd smell the vampire, but he had to find Asena. After checking the entire floor they were on, he quickly went down a floor to find her. His eyes widened when he caught her scent and he went running down the hall. He stopped quickly when he seen the position the girl was in. His heart broke when he heard the sobs that left the girl's body. He slowly approached her, trying not to startle the girl.

"Asena." He called, causing her to look up at him.

Even though she was mad at him and Sam, she couldn't stop herself from standing up and running the short distance to Jared. She buried her face in his warm chest, as she let her tears soak his shirt. He kept his arms securely around the girl, as he allowed her to cry. He ran his fingers through her hair to try and calm her down, though he knew it would be almost impossible since she had talked to Sam. Only Sam would be able to completely calm her down, but there was nothing Jared could do about that.

"Let's go back to Emily, alright?" Jared commented, and Asena nodded.

"Will Dad ever come see us? See me?" She asked, her voice hoarse from crying.

"I don't know," He murmured, but he smiled sympathetically,"I do know that Emily wouldn't want to see you crying though. So, dry your eyes and take a deep breath." He replied, wiping her tears from her cheeks with his thumbs.

Asena took a deep breath and let it out shakily, as Jared smiled once again. He kissed the top of her head, before walking her back towards Emily's room once she grabbed her drink. Seeing the drink, Jared grabbed it and took a sip, causing the young girl to scowl playfully at him. As Asena walked into Emily's room and sat near her bed again, Jared watched them from afar. He hoped Sam would see Asena again. He knew Sam hated himself for what happened to Emily, but he couldn't shut out Asena. Asena was his daughter and she needed him more than anything. Jared just hoped Sam could forgive himself enough to see Asena again...

×××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, I had a hard time finding a song I absolutely loved that worked for the chapter that hadn't come out after 2005. I finally chose Nirvana though, since Kurt Cobain is amazing and his songs work for so many occasions.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx