Chapter Fifty

Days had passed, and Bella had caused a couple of problems for the pack

        Days had passed, and Bella had caused a couple of problems for the pack. She had tried to "cliff jump" thinking she was physically capable of doing so from the height the pack jumped. That same day Harry Clearwater had a heart attack and died, and Seth and Leah phased into their wolves for the first time. Sam was surprised to see Seth phase so young, and he was surprised when Leah phased since he believed their wolf gene only passed to the male line. Unlike Asena's werewolf gene, which passed to either gender, Sam was unsure of why Leah had gotten the gene.

      Over the next few weeks, Quil Ateara had phased as well, and was happy to finally join the pack. He felt so alone when he was unable to phase, but once he was a part of the pack, he didn't feel so alone anymore. Carolyn was alone more than she ever had been, and since Billy Black felt terrible for his step daughter, he invited her to the council meeting, which he had called "bonfire," where he would tell tribal legends. He knew Carolyn would never know the truth about the wolves, but she didn't deserve to feel left out.

"Do you have everything for tonight?" Asena asked, as she walked into the kitchen with a sleepy Kai on her hip.

"Yes, I'm having the boys help me bring everything later. Sue is bringing some food as well." Emily replied, and Asena nodded.

"Are the twins coming, or has Dad decided we're getting a sitter for the night?" Asena asked, gently rocking Kai.

      Sam was unsure if the twins were going to be too young for the tribal legends. He was contemplating rather Paul and Asena should hire Elizabeth Swann for the night, or if they should bring the twins with them. Elizabeth Swann, Billy's soon to be wife, didn't know much about the council meetings, but she did know a little about the tribal legends. She felt like it was a good idea for Carolyn to go and hear them, but she didn't feel like participating in a bonfire when she didn't know if she was exactly welcome or not. Elizabeth would gladly watch the twins though, since she loved children, and she had been a babysitter at one point in her life before she moved in with Billy Black.

"He said the twins can come, but you and Paul have to make sure they don't try to play with the fire." Emily said, and Asena chuckled.

"As if he's not going to be hovering over them the entire time." She commented, causing Emily to laugh and nod.

"He's just being a protective grandparent, that's all." She replied, making a light smile place itself on Asena's lips.

       By the time nightfall had come, Asena and Paul were both ready and had dressed the twins in warmer clothes. During the night, the air was cooler than during the day. Neither parent wanted to deal with sick babies, especially after the last time the twins were sick and Paul wasn't the best in the situation. The other guys had helped Emily carry everything out to the tables where the bonfire was taking place, and closer to time, Asena and Paul carried the twins out to the spot.

        When Billy waved over Carolyn to sit near Quil and Embry, Asena and Paul were a little shocked. They watched as Embry looked up and caught eyes with Carolyn. Both gasped when they seen Embry had imprinted on Carolyn. Asena seen a small smile appear on Billy's face, which meant he was happy about the imprint, mostly because that meant Carolyn wouldn't be alone anymore.

"I can't believe it." Paul whispered, causing Asena to nod.

"At least they'll both be happy." She replied, a ghost of a smile on her face.

"Pop!" Hazel exclaimed, reaching for Sam when he walked past to talk to Billy.

      Sam, Asena, and Paul were a little surprised, since the twins had never called Sam "Pop" before. Normally they just reached for him and Emily, instead of saying anything. Apparently they had accepted Sam as their grandfather though, since Hazel had come up with a name for him. Instead of saying anything, Sam let a small smile form on his face, before he stepped forward and picked up Hazel.

"Hey, Pup." He said, as she laid her head on his shoulder.

       The pack and almost everyone close to the pack had started calling the twins "Pup" when addressing them, so it was quite common to hear when the twins were awake. Their attention turned when they seen Seth jump up from his seat and jog away.

"Jake!" He exclaimed, causing Asena to roll her eyes.

      Sam, Paul, and Asena turned and seen Jacob approaching with none other than Bella Swan. Asena scowled and looked up at Sam.

"I didn't know the council meetings were open to the riff raff." She commented, as Sam sighed.

"Just try to endure it. She'll be gone soon enough." Sam replied, and Asena nodded.

"I didn't know Paul and Asena had babies. Aren't they a little young to be parents? How is Sam alright with his daughter and Paul having kids? It's so irresponsible." Bella voiced to Jacob, though she tried to be quiet.

      Asena growled and went to stand up, but Paul grabbed her arm and Sam placed his hand on her shoulder, both boys holding her to her seat. Paul was fuming too, but he had to be calm for the twins. Sam was angry as well, but he knew how to keep his cool around Bella and Jacob's nonsense.

"Here Hazel," Sam began,"Keep Mommy company, she's a little upset." He said, passing Hazel to Asena.

       Hazel stood up on Asena's lap and wrapped her arms around the woman's shoulders, burying her face her in her neck.

"They're good parents, Bella. Besides, they're happy, Sam and Emily are happy, so it doesn't matter how young they are. I don't think the twins could have any better parents in their lives." Jacob said, and Asena smiled to herself.

      For the first time, Jacob had defended Paul, Asena, Emily, and Sam from someone, and it was more of a shock when it was Bella Swan...

××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. This chapter would've been posted earlier, but I was having trouble finding the perfect outfit for the bonfire. Also, I wanted to bring Carolyn back, she deserved more happiness and recognition.

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx