Chapter Sixty Three

Asena woke up to the sound of a slow beeping machine, which caused her eyebrows to furrow

        Asena woke up to the sound of a slow beeping machine, which caused her eyebrows to furrow. When she opened her eyes, she was met by a white room with practically blinding lights. She groaned and covered her eyes with her hand that didn't have an IV in.

"You're awake. How are you feeling?" Paul asked, as he stood from his seat and stared down at Asena.

"I feel a little tired and my head kind of hurts. Why am I in the hospital?" Asena asked, causing Paul to sigh.

"You passed out, and Emily and I were worried. We would've called Sue, but Emily was worried something terrible was wrong, so she made me bring you here. The nurse should be back soon with results from a blood test." Paul replied, and Asena nodded.

       Asena laid her head back on her pillow and closed her eyes trying to relax a bit. A moment or so went by, before they heard a light knock on the hospital room door. Asena's eyes opened again, as she watched a dark haired woman walked into the room.

"Hello, I'm Marlene, and I'll be your doctor. Most people introduce themselves by their last names, but I'd rather feel like a friend than a superior or something." The doctor, Marlene, said, as she smiled at Asena.

"Is she alright doctor?" Paul asked, and the doctor nodded.

"The episode was caused by exhaustion and stress, but obviously there's more to it than that. Through the blood test I performed, the human chorionic gonadotropin test, or hCG test, I was able to find pregnancy hormones in her blood. Meaning, Ms. Uley is in fact pregnant, so the lack of sleep and amount of stress she was going through caused her to faint." Marlene stated, causing Asena's eyes to go wide.

"Are you sure? How far along am I?" Asena asked, as she practically fisted the sheets of her hospital bed.

"I'm one hundred percent sure, and from the test, I can determine you're around seven weeks pregnant, give or take. We can do an ultrasound if you'd like." The doctor commented, and Asena quickly nodded.

       The doctor stuck her head out of the door and head a nurse bring in an ultrasound machine, before she brought it over and had Asena raise her shirt and lower her pants enough to where the doctor could have access to her lower belly. The doctor squirted a cold jelly like substance on Asena's lower belly, before she took a wand and began to rub it over the area.

"That's your baby. Like I determined from the test, you're around seven weeks along. Here's the baby's heart beat." The doctor said, as she turned on the sound.

       Asena's heart melted when she heard the small heartbeat coming from inside of her. Paul felt a bit shocked when he seen the baby on the screen, but his heart skipped a beat when he heard the baby's heartbeat. There was a tiny human in Asena's belly, meaning the twins would soon have a little brother or sister.

"Your baby is healthy, even after everything you've been going through. The heartbeat is strong and the baby's growing at the perfect rate." The doctor said, and Asena sighed in relief.

         Asena was shocked to find out she was pregnant, but she felt a little worried. She didn't know how her family and the pack would react, and she didn't want the twins to feel like they were being replaced.

"Would you like a few copies of the scan?" The doctor asked, and Asena nodded.

       The doctor quickly took some pictures, before she printed off a few copies of each picture and handed them to Asena and Paul. The couple stared at the pictures in wonder, little smiles appearing on their faces as they stared at the pictures.

"While your boyfriend signs you out, I will have you finish your liquids. Once your bag is empty, you can leave." The doctor stated, and Asena nodded.

        The doctor left the room after handing Paul some papers. It took him almost ten minutes to finish the paperwork, but when he was finished, the doctor came back into the room and removed Asena from all of the machines and the IV. The doctor handed Asena a bag full of prenatal vitamins, which the girl shoved into her bag that Paul had grabbed for her before bringing her to the hospital. The bag had her ID and stuff in it, so he'd be able to prove who she was at the hospital.

"Now, when you go home, I want you to try and get some more rest. You can pick up some melatonin and take it thirty minutes before bed each night to help you get some much needed rest. Also, I want you to try and not be so stressed out. Stress, worry, and anxiety isn't good for your baby. It can cause you to go into premature labor, and possibly even miscarry if the situation is bad enough. Try to surround yourself in a positive environment, but if you can't, at least try to get some rest and destress as much as you can. The less stress, the better your and your baby's health will be. Be sure to take your vitamins every day, and if you ever start feeling like something's wrong, come back, and I'll check on you." Marlene stated, before allowing Paul and Asena to leave the room.

       Paul drove himself and Asena back to the pack house and lead Asena inside and straight to her room like she had asked. The girl had just wanted to sleep for the rest of the evening, and she wanted to keep the pregnancy a secret for now from the pack, her father, Emily, and her friends for now. Paul understood and he didn't go against her wishes.

"How is she?" Emily asked, her and Sam looking over at him with worried glances.

"Doc said she needed to stop stressing out so much, overworking herself, and not getting any sleep. Apparently things like that can effect even werewolves when they get bad enough." Paul answered, though his answer was practically a complete lie.

      Sam and Emily had accepted his answer, though they didn't know if they completely believed it. They figured Asena would tell them if anything was different from what Paul had told them, but they didn't want to doubt Paul. They just hoped Asena would feel better soon...

××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, she's pregnant!

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx