Chapter Twenty

"So, you have twins?" Jared asked, seeming to want to clarify everything he heard.

"Yes." Paul answered, sighing slightly.

"And you are going to lose them if they don't move in here?" Emily asked, frowning to herself thinking about Paul losing his babies.

"Yes." Paul murmured, looking away from the people at the table.

"If we let them move in here, they'll have to share a room with you Asena. Paul's room isn't big enough, and--" Sam began, before Asena cut him off.

"Paul can't lose them, Dad. I can deal with sharing my room. Besides, once they get older, they'll have to have their own room anyway, so we'll have to figure things out as we go." Asena stated, smiling encouragingly towards Paul.

Paul felt his heart skip a beat when he heard those words leave Asena's mouth. He was expecting her to hate him or shame him, but she didn't and she was supportive.

"Let's go." Sam said, before he, Jared, and Paul stood up to leave.

"Could you drive your car to pick up the twins, while we take Sam's truck to get all of their things?" Paul asked, looking over at his imprint.

Asena still hadn't gotten her license, but she had been practicing so she good at driving. The girl nodded and followed the three guys out of the house. Paul rode with Asena to his mother's place, knowing he would have to ride in the back of the truck when they headed back to the pack house. Anyhow, Paul led them inside and was angered when he heard his kids crying and his mother was passed out in her room. He quickly wrote a note to her and attached it to the twins' door, before he grabbed them and checked to see what was wrong.

"Change them, and I'll get their carseats ready." Asena said, as she brought the carseat bases out to her car.

Once the carseat bases were set up, she headed back inside to see Paul had finished changing the twins' diapers. She made her way over and grabbed them warm clothes. She quickly put new clothes on them, before Paul helped her get them into their carseats. He carried one carseat out to the car, and Asena carried the other one. Jared laid a diaper bag in the front seat, as well as a couple of baby blankets and a box with all of the formula and baby bottles that he found in the kitchen.

"You never told me their names." Asena commented, once she had the one carseat secured.

"His name is Kai, and hers is Hazel." He replied, as he pointed to each twin as he said their name.

"Emily and I will take care of them, don't worry." She said, smiling at Paul.

"I know you will. I can't thank you enough." He answered, hesitantly kissing her cheek before running into the house.

Asena had a smile on her face when she climbed into her car. She drove straight to the pack house where Emily was waiting outside. Emily helped Asena bring the kids into the house, before Asena went back outside to grab the things Jared had packed into her car. Emily quickly made bottles, as Asena began to put the formula and other bottles in designated areas. Once Emily had the bottles made, she and Asena took the twins out of their carseats and began to feed them.

"How are you feeling about this?" Emily asked, looking over at her boyfriend's daughter.

"Nervous, but excited. I mean, I love children, but I didn't think I'd have any, at least, not yet. Helping Paul though, it feels like the right thing to do. I feel good about helping him, and the twins make me feel happy." She replied, and Emily smiled.

Rather Sam seen it yet or not, Emily could tell that the twins and Paul were going to be good for Asena and vice versa. Sooner or later they were going to be the cutest little family in the reservation.

Anyhow, Emily and Asena burped the babies, before allowing the babies to rest on them. When Emily seen Sam's truck pull up, she handed the second baby to Asena. Both babies now rested on Asena's chest, and they almost instantly fell asleep. Emily ran outside to tell them to be quiet bringing things inside, before she led them to Asena's room and told them exactly where to put the babies' things.

When Paul passed and seen Asena holding his sleeping twins, he felt his heart swell with love and what seemed to be pride. Seeing Asena holding his babies made him extremely happy. When Sam seen his daughter, he couldn't help but smile slightly. Seeing her with the twins made him realize she wasn't really a baby anymore and that she was growing up, even if he didn't want her to grow up.

"You protect them, and if I ever see Asena cry because of you, or if you hurt any of them, I will hurt you." Sam warned, once Jared and Emily were out of the room.

"I will never hurt any of them." He replied, though he wondered if he'd be able to keep his promise.

Doubts began to swarm his thoughts, making his stomach fill with the nerves that had subsided early that day. Sam could tell the boy was having a lot of inner turmoil, so he squeezed the boy's shoulder and gave him a nod of encouragement.

Paul hoped that the twins would add depth to his and Asena's friendship, maybe even quicken the pace of their feelings, but he couldn't be sure. He was going to have to tell her about the imprint soon, possibly within the week. He didn't need to have secrets when she had so easily taken in his children without a second thought. Asena meant a lot to him, and the more he was around her, especially after what he seen inside of the kitchen, he knew he wouldn't be able to let her go. She was meant for him and his babies...

××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, I just picked random names for the babies, but what do you guys think?

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx