Chapter Thirty Three

The first day of the school year came around only weeks later

The first day of the school year came around only weeks later. Asena didn't feel like going to school, and neither did Paul. Asena had finally gotten her license and was now able to drive to and from school, but since Paul was going to school with her, Paul was going to be the one driving to and from school, unless he wasn't able to drive, then she would drive to and from school herself. One thing Asena liked about school in La Push, was that it had a similar start date to Hogwarts. Her school started on the first of September, the same as in Harry Potter.

While Asena and Paul were in school, Emily took up the job of taking care of the twins. Emily loved having more of a job to do while everyone was away, instead of taking up odd jobs to busy herself during the day. Sam and Jared were often times on patrol, so Emily was alone for the entire day, except now she had the twins to take care of. 

Asena was a little scared to go back to school, since she hasn't seen Carolyn all summer. She didn't know how Carolyn would react to seeing her again. Asena hated being mean to the girl, but there really wasn't another choice. She had to do the right thing by the pack, even if it hurt her to do so.

"Emily called ahead to make sure you and I had all of the same classes again." Paul commented, as he grabbed Asena's hand once they were out of the car.

"I was hoping she would. I didn't want to argue with the office lady over something as simplistic as switching classes." Asena replied, causing Paul to chuckle.

As the couple walked through the parking lot towards the school, they could feel all of the eyes on them. Many girls were glaring at Asena, whilst many guys were glaring at Paul. Some girls were admiring Paul, some guys were drooling over Asena. To their surprise though, even some girls were drooling over Asena. Everyone at the school seemed surprised by Asena and Paul's newly announced relationship.

"It seems you've changed and turned heads this year, Miss Uley." Paul commented, smirking at Asena.

"Well, I have had much influence this summer from you, the pack, and Emily." Asena replied, causing Paul to chuckle once again.

Jacob, Embry, Quil, and Carolyn watched the couple walk past them. Carolyn watched Asena longingly, still wishing she and Asena were friends. Yes, her and Asena's argument was hurtful, but it didn't stop her from wishing they were still friends. Jacob glared the entire time, angry at both of them for hurting him, his friends, and his step sister. Quil watched them, feeling a bit confused over the entire ordeal, unsure of how everything turned out the way it did. Embry stared at the two, though he had mixed feelings when it came to the two.

"I didn't know they were together." Embry commented, causing Jacob to roll his eyes.

"Of course they are, they're made for each other. Think about it, they're both rude and mean, it's like they're soulmates." Jacob retorted, and this caused Carolyn to roll her eyes as well.

"Way to not sound jealous, Jake. I mean, come on, it's not even that serious." She said, making him glare at her.

"Why are you defending them? She stopped being your friend. She was mean to you. Paul was more than likely the reason she stopped being your friend." Jacob mused, causing Carolyn to shrug.

"Maybe, but that still doesn't mean I want you blatantly insulting them when they can't defend themselves. I mean, sure Asena and I fought, so there's a good chance we'll never be friends again, but I'm sure she had a good reason to stop being my friend in the first place," Carolyn retorted, sighing slightly,"even if I don't know what could make her leave me like she did." She added, her words deaf to everyone around her, since she had spoken the words so softly.

Asena and Paul grabbed their schedules, before heading to their first class, which happened to be History. Asena was good at History, which Paul was grateful for since he wasn't as good as she was. As they were waiting for class to start, the two talked to each other, joking and making flirty comments. They both went quiet abruptly and turned their heads with glares on their faces when someone cleared their throat in a rude manor. Asena's glare grew sharper, as did Paul's, when they seen it was Taylor standing in front of their table.

"What do you want, Taylor?" Asena asked, crossing her arms.

"Well, seeing as you and Paul are together now, I was just wondering something. How does it feel to have another girl's sloppy seconds? I mean, we all heard he had kids at a young age, so if you two are together, does that mean you're pregnant?" Taylor asked, before stepping forward and grabbing Asena's shirt, pulling it up a bit to reveal her flat belly,"Too soon to tell, or did you get an abortion? Well, I doubt anyone would want to have kids with you, I mean, you were an orphan for a while, then you moved in with people on steroids. You're whole family is on steroids, but I guess that doesn't bother you, does it? Does that mean you do them, too, huh? Is that why your stomach is so flat? Are you pregnant but the steroids keep it hidden, huh?" Taylor taunted, yanking on Asena's shirt, almost revealing her bra to everyone in the classroom.

Asena and Paul were both angry. Asena shoved Taylor's hand away, but when Taylor reached for her again, Asena raised her fist and punched Taylor straight in the face, breaking the girl's nose on impact. Standing from his seat, Paul grabbed Asena's hand and lead her away from the classroom, heading straight to the office.

"I'd like to talk to the principal right now." Paul stated, causing the office lady to nod quickly.

The principal was brought into the room, before he lead Asena and Paul into his office.

"What seems to be the problem?" The principal asked, looking between the couple.

"I am formally making a complaint against Taylor Mason. She sexually harassed me in front of the entire History class. I want something done about her, otherwise I'm going to the police." Asena stated, causing the principal to nod.

"I understand, Miss Uley, but we can't really do much, other than give Miss Mason a detention--" The principal began, making Paul scoff.

"Don't worry, we'll go to the police against her. We have plenty of witnesses." Paul retorted, standing up and taking Asena with him. Once they were by the door, Paul turned back towards the principal,"Oh, and when Taylor comes into the nurse's office with a broken nose, just know she deserved it. If Asena gets in trouble for defending herself against Taylor, Asena's father will be up here, and you really don't want to piss him off." Paul stated, leaving with a smirk.

School didn't seem to matter to the couple anymore...

××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/N: I hope you guys liked this chapter. So, what do you guys think?

Love you guys!

Vote
Comment
Share&
Follow!

- Youngblood Xxx