prologue

"Damnit Bambii you never fail to amaze me." Bambii was just her stage name. A name that was used to bring half of her money in. A name that every guy always paid to see. She only smiled at Joe the security guard. He scooped her money up in five duffel bags and escorted her back to the locker room.

"I'll be out in fifteen." She told Joe. The twenty-four year old girl was exhausted. The work definitely didn't stop at Club Empire. Bambii quickly wiped the makeup off of her face and changed into her work scrubs.

She ignored the girls fighting over something petty. It was nothing new. Everytime Cane hired new girls they always bickered and fought like childish teenagers. Bambii was different. She didn't let anyone come between her job or her money.

"Girl Mika was staring you up and down." Kenzie said, getting ready for her set. Kenzie and Bambii the only two strippers that brought in the most money. They were friends, but Bambii never hung out with her outside of work.

"He can keep staring." Bambii shrugged. She closed her locker and made sure she put both locks back on. If anybody stole from Bambii they wanted a ass whooping. Everyone knew not to fuck with her.

Kenzie only chuckled. Bambii never gave anyone the time of day. No matter how many dudes flocked at her, she kept it strictly professional. Unlike the other strippers.

"I'll see you Tuesday." Before she could even hear Kenzie respond she was already out of the locker room and making her way to Cane's office. She entered without knocking, something Cane despised.

"Bambii what I told you about that?" He mugged, pushing a girl off of his lap. She shrugged her shoulders and threw him a duffel bag.

"Don't call me until Tuesday Cane and I'm not playing." Cane had a habit of calling Bambii in on her off days. Sometimes she agreed, sometimes she didn't. Lately she's been exhausted so if he was to call he would probably get blocked.

"Chill. Enjoy ya li off days." He chuckled. Cane always admired Bambii. Bambii was one of his first strippers. They had a love hate relationship. Bambii was getting paid the most. Every since he found Bambii sleeping in a playground he took her in.

She rolled her eyes at the girl mugging her on the floor and exited the office. Joe escorted her to her 2020 Honda Accord Sport and loaded the duffel bags into her trunk. Bambii went right behind him and grabbed a stack of twenties.

"Hm." She said handing the money to him. It was most likely no more than five hundred.

"Bambii no. We go through this every time." Joe chuckled. Joe was the first security guard at the club. He was on the heavy side, and although most people feared him he was very sweet.

"Joe, take it. I appreciate you." Bambii whined. Bambii always tried to give him a little extra cash just to show her appreciation. Joe always protected Bambii from creeps and jealous girls. He was like a big brother to her.

Joe just shook his head and took the money. He always found a way to give it back to her. Most of the time he would just slip it in her locker or buy her food. "Be safe."

"Always." She got in her car and blasted the air. One thing about Bambii, no matter how cold or hot it was outside, she was gonna always use her air conditioner. After putting her car in drive she gave Joe one last wave and raced out of the parking lot to her second job.

~

"Hey boo, I covered your other patients so you just got Daloni tonight."

"Hey Heaven."

"Hey, and thanks." Bambii replied. Bambii's real name was Heaven. Besides stripping, Heaven was a first year pediatric LPN. She wasn't a doctor but she dressed wounds, took vitals, assisted with test, and bathed and dressed patients.

Heaven had put herself through nursing school. Her parents weren't supportive of her dreams. They wanted their daughter to be a political lawyer. The only reason Heaven stripped was because she had tons of student loans.

"How did he do today?" Heaven asked her coworker, Jayda. Jayda always covered for Heaven when she was running late or when she got a nap in.

"He did ok. Not his best day." Jayda sighed, watching her friend's face soften. Heaven nodded her head and went to grab a chart that she knew like the back of her hand.

After putting on gloves and her protective gear, she entered the dimly lit hospital room. She pouted when she saw her favorite patient sleeping.

Daloni was her favorite patient. The only reason that encouraged her to come to work. She never knew that such a tiny human can have such a big impact on her.

Walking up to the hospital bed she quickly took his machine's vitals and readjusted his covers. More so that the boy was tucked in comfortably.

"Cold." The little boy whimpered, grabbing Heaven's hand. Daloni loved Heaven. Heaven was the only one who made him feel somewhat better. Even though he was so young he understood a lot of things.

"I know baby boy." Heaven cooed, bending down and tucking the cover under Daloni's neck. "Ms. Jayda said you didn't have a good day, how are you feeling now?"

"Tired." Daloni rasped. Daloni suffered from bone cancer. Being that it was left untreated for so long caused the cancer to spread to his lungs. Daloni had a long fight ahead of him. Daloni was five but he was very aware of his sickness

"I know baby. Get some rest and I'll see you in the morning."Heaven nodded, wiping under Daloni's eye.

"Lay with me." Daloni whined, reaching his arms out. Daloni got the best sleep whenever Heaven held him in her arms. However tonight she had to tend to her notes for a clinical trial.

"I can't tonight papa. You think you can be a big boy tonight for me?"

"Lay with me." Daloni repeated doing his hands in grabbing motions. "Tired lay with me." Daloni whined, as tears were about to escape his eyes.

Heaven sighed and scooted Daloni over on his bed. She kicked her work crocs off and got in the bed with the little boy. Daloni quickly clung into Heaven's arms and relaxed.

Heaven held him and rubbed his back softly. She kissed his forehead and sung a song that always put both of their minds at ease. Kerri Brown A letter to my daughter

As she hummed the lyrics, Daloni put his hand on Heaven's chest and went fast asleep. His small breaths on her skin made her eyes water.

She quickly wiped her face and continued singing the song and rubbing Daloni's back. She knew she would be there in that same position until he woke up.

~
new book who this?

lol this just a teaser... let me know y'all thoughts

shall I continue?

if this gets more than 40-50 votes, then I'll keep writing!