~013

excuse all mistakes..

Solana turned the stove off, removing the homemade syrup from the heat. She grabbed her phone and opened the Instagram app, taking a boomerang of the breakfast that she prepared for her and Solai. Once she was satisfied with the presentation, she wrote a caption and posted it to her Instagram story.

"Aright let's go wake babygirl up

"Aright let's go wake babygirl up." Solana nodded. She walked into her room, where Solai was sleeping. Of course Solai didn't agree with sleeping in her room by herself, so she fell asleep right on top of Solana.

She rubbed Solai's stomach softly, watching as her eyes fluttered open. It was the only way that she woke Solai up. She found that it was a more effective method, being that Solai was still so traumatized.

"Hi baby." Solana smiled. Solai immediately crawled to her knees, reaching to be picked up. It was a understatement to say that Solana's arms was Solai's safe spot.

They started on their oral hygiene, brushing their teeth. She sat Solai on the counter, putting the chilldren's toothpaste on her toothbrush. "Smile stink." Solana said, showing her teeth so that Solai could follow.

Solai smiled, showing her little teeth. Solana carefully used the small electric toothbrush and started brushing Solai's teeth. Solana made sure to get Solai's gums and tongue. Solai scrunched her face up, spitting out the toothpaste.

Solana giggled, taking the baby wash cloth and wetting it with warm water. She gently started to wash Solai's face, making sure to move fast and efficiently. She got between Solai's eye crevices and her nose.

"We're all done." Solana gasped, holding her arms out. Solai happily fell into them. "Alright now let me do mines." Solana chuckled, before she started brushing her own teeth.

After they were done with their oral hygiene they moved into their body hygiene. Solana washed both of their bodies quickly, remembering that their food was getting cold.

When they were finally done with getting themselves together, they went to the kitchen to indulge in the breakfast that Solana prepared. "I really made all this food for the two of us Lai." She chuckled.

She started to fill Solai's plate up first with stuff that she knew she would eat. Those things consisted of grits, fruit, and a couple of shrimp. "You ready to eat?" She cooed, sitting Solai down in one of the chairs.

"Eat Eat." Solai mouthed, nodding her head.

"Okay mommy is gonna fix her plate, then we can eat." Solana replied. She filled her plate with everything except for the chicken and eggs. She was just going to pack the chicken up and give it to Cane.

After they said their blessings, Solai reached her arms out wanting to be picked up. "You don't want to eat in your chair stink?" Solai shook her head, with tears forming in her eyes.