forty three

"Milk Soso?" Daloni asked, staring at Solana with a slight frown. Heaven was tired from the back-to-back 12-hour shifts she had worked, so she was in her bedroom sleeping with the door locked.

"Uh, Nevaeh where does Heaven keep his milk?" Solana asked, scratching behind her ear.

"In mommy boobies." Nevaeh giggled, staring at the 70-inch flat screen TV mounted in front of her. She knew she could get away with sitting in front of the TV, while Heaven was asleep.

"Well Daloni your mom is sleeping." Solana told the little boy, who was now sucking on his fingers and playing with his ears.

He groaned in frustration, not liking the fact that Solana wouldn't give him milk. He stood to his feet, and stomped to Heaven's bedroom twisting the doorknob. Frowning at the locked door, resulting in him banging on the door.

Heaven groaned, turning over on Zylin's chest thinking that the knocking was just a dream. However when she continued to hear the small hands patter on the door, her and Zylin groaned waking up.

"Who it is?" Zylin asked in a groggily voice.

"Mommy milk!" Daloni shouted, putting his face to the door.

"Go get some water, she sleep!" Zylin yelled back.

"Go open the door for him Zy." Heaven mumbled. Heaven was so tired, that she couldn't even open her eyes. She was just promoted, and she was still trying to open her own buisness.

"No, you need to get your rest. We not gone go back to that overloading yourself." Zylin shook his head. He remembered when Daloni was in the hospital how she used to busy herself with work, and he refused to see her go back to that unhealthy state.

"Mean!" Daloni mugged, kicking the door with his feet. He stomped to his room and slammed the door, sitting behind it talking to himself.

Zylin laughed at Daloni's small tantrum and rubbed Heaven's back so that she could go back to sleep.

"Soso you my friend?" Nevaeh asked, jumping on the couch near Solana with the remote in her shirt. Nevaeh never liked sharing the TV, so she always kept the remote close to her.

"Yeah I'm your friend." Solana smiled.

"Well you gotta be my friend anyways. My mama said you like my young nanny." Nevaeh shrugged. When Heaven had a talk with Nevaeh, she made sure to tell Nevaeh that Solana wasn't comfortable with people touching her. She also mentioned to respect other people's personal space.

Solana chuckled, pulling her knees to her chest. "Have you been wearing your bonnet because your edges are coming up?"

"It go off in my sleep. Ou look, this how I want my braids next." Nevaeh said, going to YouTube. Somehow Nevaeh hated when Heaven did her hair, but loved when Solana did it. She went to a YouTube video with a little girl getting her hair did in feed-in braids with one butterfly on the side.

"Oh I saw that one. But when I take those down, we have to let your hair breathe for a couple days." Solana nodded.

"Why? I breathe good." The little girl frowned.

Solana giggled shaking her head. "No, I mean your scalp. You don't want your scalp to keep being pulled. It's good to wear your real hair sometimes."

Nevaeh didn't have long hair, but she had enough to stop a little past her shoulder blades. The main reason she didn't like wearing her real hair was because it was too thick, and always in her way.

"You know my Uncle Cane?" Nevaeh asked.

Solana swallowed small, nodding her head at the mention of her old boss's name. Solana had no problems with Cane, but she wasn't as comfortable with him because he used to yell at her for not bringing in enough money.