forty four

"Okay Papa and Dooda, wait until I get back to eat the candy." Heaven instructed pouring skittles and fruit snacks on each kid's plate. She had saw the trend on TikTok and wanted to test both of their patience.

"Yes ma'am." Nevaeh nodded, putting her hands in her lap, eying her favorite candy on the plate.

When Heaven was done with Daloni's plate, his hands immediately found its way to the plate. "No papa wait until I come back." Heaven chuckled, putting his hands in his lap.

Daloni groaned, crossing his arms over his chest. Every since Heaven had let him eat candy occasionally, he couldn't get enough. Skittles became his favorite, just like Nevaeh.

Heaven sat the camera in front of both kids and walked away, faking like she was in the bathroom. Nevaeh and Daloni both stared at the plate, waiting for her to come back.

"Mine." Daloni said to himself, playing with the candy.

"Papa you have to wait for mama." Nevaeh said, putting his hands back in his lap.

"Wait fur mommy?" Daloni asked, with a small frown. "Mommy!" He yelled, getting impatient. "Come, now!"

"Maybe we can have one." Nevaeh mumbled. She was starting to get impatient, and the colorful candies were not making it any better.

Nevaeh turned her head to side when she heard smacking. Her mouth dropped when she saw Daloni nonchalantly eating the skittles and fruit snacks, like he had no care in the world.

Heaven came from around the corner, and when she saw Daloni eating she wasn't suprised. "Papa you were supposed to wait until I came back." She giggled, kissing his cheek.

"I told him. Can I eat mine now?" Nevaeh responded.

"Yeah go ahead baby." Heaven chuckled. She stopped her phone from recording and made sure the video was saved. "Do you like the fruit snacks or skittles better?"

"Uh the skittles. They make me go crazy." Nevaeh smiled, dancing in her chair.

Heaven burst out laughing shaking her head. "I love y'all so much." She stated. Every chance she got, she made sure to tell both kids how much she loved them.

"I love you more mama. Well I love daddy too. Like same." Nevaeh explained, trying to say that she loved her dad just as much.

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" Heaven asked, pouring herself some skittles in her hands.

Nevaeh put her finger under her chin, thinking. " I wanna be like you." She shrugged. Nevaeh knew that Heaven wasn't her real mom, but nobody could tell else could tell her that. In her eyes, Heaven was the best mom ever.

Heaven chuckled. "Baby I want you to be so much better than me. I want you to do good in school, and keep minding your manners." She said.

"I was on green all last week." Nevaeh reminded Heaven.

"I know, I want you to keep up the good behavior. Remember you can get anything you want, as long as you keep your grades and behavior good." Heaven nodded.

"Yes ma'am." Nevaeh smiled.

"Papa is starting school with you soon." Heaven said. Heaven had been looking into schools for Daloni, figuring that it was now time for him to expand his learning skills. Of course she would have to get the all clear from Dr. Grey, but she hoped that he could finally engage with other kids his age.

"Ou that means he gone be in the kindergarten like I was." Nevaeh gasped. "And I gotta protect him to, cause can't nobody touch my brother." She added.