~ 009

excuse mistakes!! make sure you vote and comment..

Solana gasped, as Solai swiped her finger across the iPad. "Ou, that's a candy land theme. We'll have balloons and candy everywhere." Solana said, zooming in on the pictures that she saved on Pinterest.

Solana and Solai were currently sitting in the hospital bed picking out themes for Solai's fifth birthday party. Solana couldn't decide which theme she liked the most, so she wanted Solai's input to make the final decision.

"Which one do you really want to do?" Ms. Georgia asked Solana.

"I'm stuck between the candy land theme, or care bears. She keeps swiping back to the candy land theme though." Solana chuckled. "I already have a venue reserved and gave the event planner both themes, I'm just waiting for Solai's decision."

Ms. Georgia smiled at the way that Solana's eyes lit up everytime their conversation was about Solai. "So my manager reviewed the classes you did take and saw your scores. He was really impressed. All you have to do now is take that last class and then we'll come out for a home check. If you can get that done as soon as possible, then I'll talk to a judge and present your case.

"Will I have to like come to court to determine to be a foster parent?" Solana asked.

"Well the judge will of course look over your records but honestly you don't really meet with a judge until it's time to adopt or unless the placement goes the wrong way. It's my job to place her in a safe and loving home, and that's with you." Ms. Georgia explained.

Solana smiled and nodded her head. "Ms. Georgia you have my complete and honest word. I will not fail Solai. She's already so loved."

"Oh trust me I know." Ms. Georgia chuckled, with a wave. "She already got you in the palm of her hand. If she so much as cry for a minute, you're frantically trying to find a way to make it all better."

"Ms. Georgia stop it." Solana whined. "I don't do that all the time, just sometimes." She shrugged.

"Solana."

"Ok, okay maybe all the time." Solana giggled. She looked down at Solai and noticed she was looking at the candy land theme again and smiled. "You like?" She asked the little girl.

Solai only pointed at the screen. Solana nodded her head, taking out her phone. She texted the event planner and told her the final decision. Honestly Solana was suprised that Solai didn't pick the care bears theme. Solai loved her human-sized bear, which is why care bears was one of the options.

"Let's go over your color—Before Solana could even finish her sentence a middle-aged woman came walking into the room with a suitcase and a bookbag.

"Is this my niece? I got a call from Social Services saying that my niece was just put into the system. I'm here to get her." The lady stated, making Ms. Georgia stand to her feet.

"Who called you? What's your name?" Ms. Georgia frowned, immediately going to stand in front of the lady. "I'm her social worker, and have been on her case since the very beginning."

"A lady name Josephine contacted me and gave me this address. She told me that she would talk to you about everything." The lady shrugged.

"She didn't tell me anything. What's your name?" Ms. Georgia replied, whipping out her work phone. She clicked on her supervisor's number, waiting for an answer.

"My name is Kerri. Solai's aunt from New Jersey."

When she did answer, Ms. Georgia went into the corner of the room while the lady walked over to Solai's hospital bed. She made sure to keep an eye on everyone.