forty six

Heaven sighed as Daloni cried to the top of his lungs, clinging to her legs. She closed the top to his water cup and shook the mixture of water and gatorade together. It was a little past midnight and the two were the only ones up.

"Alright papa, I know." She said, picking him up and sitting him on the counter. She stood right in front of him and took his shirt off so that he wouldn't get overheated.

"Hurt bad mommy." He cried, pointing to his chest, trying to put his fingers in his mouth.

"Can you try and drink this?" She asked, offering him his spider man cup. Daloni shook his head leaning on her chest, crying harder.

Heaven rubbed his back and grabbed her phone that was resting on the other side of Daloni. She scrolled through her contacts looking for Dr. Grey's number. She hated to bother him, but Daloni had been crying for hours.

"Papa where else does it hurt?" Heaven asked.

Daloni pointed to his chest and his legs. "Hurt bad mommy." He repeated.

Heaven carefully picked him up and walked to the living room. She laid Daloni on the couch, and sat on the floor right next to him. She then started to rub his chest, hoping to ease whatever pain he was feeling.

While one hand was massaging Daloni, the other was dialing Dr. Grey. She hoped and prayed that he answered because right now she was on the verge of crying right along with Daloni.

Luckily on the last ring Grey picked up the phone. "Woah, who crying like that?" He asked in a groggily voice on his end.

"Grey it's me Heaven and that's Daloni. He's been crying nonstop for hours, and complaining of chest and leg pain." Heaven explained.

"Facetime me." Dr. Grey instructed.

Heaven nodded and switched the call over to FaceTime. She then switched the camera so that Daloni was in the camera. "You see that knot right there?" She asked bringing the camera closer to Daloni's chest.

"Yeah, try to cover that up so he want irritate it or anything. He comes in for one of his last treatments tomorrow, so I'll have to do a full exam." Dr. Grey nodded.

"When did you notice that knot?" He asked.

"When I gave him a bath before bed. I put him in bed, and then like an hour later he woke up crying. He hasn't stopped since." Heaven explained.

"Any vomiting or discharge from his eyes or nose?"

"No I tried to put him down to walk, but he fell over as soon as his feet touched the floor. G-Grey it's like how he was before." Heaven replied.

"Calm down Heaven. My shift starts at nine, so bring him in as soon as you can. How's his breathing?" Dr. Grey responded.

"He's short of breath. Should I give him a breathing treatment or oxygen?" Heaven asked.

"Yeah use the oxygen until you bring him in. As far as pain, don't give him anything. I don't know what's wrong and I don't want him to have a reaction to anything. Just try to keep him comfortable, massaging the areas." Dr. Grey explained.

"Okay. I'll see you in the morning." Heaven said.

"Okay." Dr. Grey nodded, hanging up the phone.

"Mommy I wan you lay me." Daloni sniffled, reaching up his arms. His cries had died down just a little, and his eyes were low and weak.

"Okay baby, let's go get your oxygen first and then we can lay down." Heaven said, picking him up. She carefully walked to her bedroom closet and got the oxygen tank that she had on standby.