~ 003

"Where you rushing to so early?" Heaven asked, seeing Solana scurry around their house in her outfit for the day. She had woken up at six AM to get her morning started. Solana was completely booked for the day, but she wanted to stop by the hospital before she went to her Beauty Salon.

"I want to stop by the hospital to see her before I open the shop. Maybe there's been some changes over night. She's probably awake now, Ms. Georgia said I could come." Solana replied, joining Heaven in the kitchen.

Heaven smiled, watching Solana skim through the refrigerator. "So, when they do process her into the foster system how will you deal with that?" She asked, curious to hear Solana's response.

"Well I know that some kids are neglected in the foster system, and honestly I don't want her to go through anything else. I'm still going to visit every single chance that I get." Solana replied, pulling out a water bottle.

"Lana you remember a couple years back you told me your long-term goals. One was opening up your salon, which you did and you had one more." Heaven said. Heaven had remembered that a couple of days before Solana got released from the mental institution she expressed what she wanted her goals to be in life.

Solana chewed on her bottom lip, trying to refresh her own memory. Honestly she tried to keep the mental institution in her past, but she couldn't. The institution and Heaven is what saved her, so she only thanked them.

"I said to do hair." Solana mumbled to herself, trying to think long and hard. When she finally remembered what she had said, her head snapped back up to Heaven. "I said that I wanted to adopt." She smiled.

Heaven chuckled, nodding her head. "I'm so proud of you Solana. You never fail to amaze me. Do what you think is best, no pressure. Just remember that you'll be a great mom." She stated, sincerely.

"You think so?"

"I know so." Heaven replied. "Let me know when you get there, and if they're any changes."

Solana thought to herself for a moment and smiled. "Ok I will." With that statement, she out of the house on a mission. She had exactly two hours before her first appointment and she wanted to spend every second she had with the little girl.

~

Ms. Georgia gasped in excitement. "Look you have a visitor." She smiled, looking up at the door seeing a shy Solana. Ms. Georgia had spent the entire night with the child, making sure that she was being properly taken care of.

"I brought a couple things." Solana smiled, walking in with a giant teddy bear, and gift bags. "I hope this doesn't go against our agreement or anything." She said satting the gifts down. She had stopped at Walmart to pick up a couple of gifts and clothes.

"Of course not, they just inserted a G tube into her stomach to get some nutrients into her. Her temperature is ninety-two so it did go up just a little. Fingerprints came back this morning." Ms. Georgia explained, standing up from her position.

"Is she awake?" Solana asked.

Ms. Georgia waved her hand over, prompting Solana to walk over to where the little girl is facing. "Yeah she's awake. Solana I want you to meet Solai Morris. She's four, but turning five next month." She spoke, smiling.

Solana cheesed widely, bending down to Solai's level. "Your name starts with an S, just like mine. My name is Solana, but you can call me SoSo." Solana replied. Solai only stared at Solana not knowing anything that she had just said.

Ms. Georgia noticed and decided to speak. "Well her records showed no type of school environment. She's four, and hasn't had any type of learning done. I've been trying to talk to her, but she's just been staring at me."